Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found my bad thought! For a while I thought i didn't have one, and was just anxious all the time for no reason. Now i realize that i sorta put myself down for being skinny/small/less superior to other people. sorta. its this which generated from a childhood of skinniness coupled with working out, and saying that i will be every girl's dream once i gain some muscle mass. this automatically and subtilely makes myself think that i am insignificant now, or weak, not manly, etc. The thing is, although i am a little bit skinny, my nervousness emphasizes this. When i act normal, i dont appear skinny, if that makes sense. Also, (not to brag) im fairly attractive and already am the dreamy junior that the middle school girls drool over according to my brother :p. So really, I just have to convince myself that I am strong NOW. I also think i said that once i became stronger, i would not be so anxious all the time anymore. I realize now that this is true, but you are only as strong as you feel/think you are.

·
Registered
235 Posts
When i act normal, i dont appear skinny
Yea man i feel you. its all about how you carry yourself and your body language. Basically if you don't make it an issue others wont see it either. Try doing yoga or pilates if you want to improve your posture. I always notice that when i carry myself better people always notice and tell me im more muscular then when im not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.