Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One would think warm,friendly people would be more magnetic.- Oddly,often those people annoy me.- The person who is aloof and distant always gets my attention.- Maybe it's the feeling of mystery? Problem is,because of there nature I can seldom get close to them and am left feeling disappointed-I wonder if I'm just too dull to interest them. Anyone else fascinated with this type?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Really it's because you see 'aloof' people as having low self-esteem and will readily accept you not because you are attracted to them as a friend. These 'aloof' people themselves may be socially anxious and may force themselves to be wierd and stupid in order to get a laugh/recognition that they are useful.

Yes I have someone of these socially awkward people as friends they also have huge egos and try to mask their anxiety by saying the don't care to anything.

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
p fud- I don't think so-they seem confident and in control to me. I'm very drawn to inner strength and what I see as intensity.- Could be something to what you pointed out,I'll have to think about it.

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
I guess there are aloof people that are confident, and those that are not confident. I'm usually drawn to the latter, because I can't relate to confident people!

But women are probably more drawn to confidence than men are, statistically speaking.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I finally get it! It may have taken me awhile, but you are coming in loud and clear now!

·
Banned
850 Posts
no. the only reason why i feel uncomfortable around warm and friendly people is because that kind of vibe is threatening to the the wall ive build up over the years.

to say that they annoy you is kind of arrogant if you ask me.

·
Suit up!
390 Posts
I don't like overly friendly people, but I like people that are laid back. I think that's why I tend to hang out with guys versus girls. Girls are so uptight half the time. Ugh. ):

1 - 8 of 8 Posts