Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at a new high school this year; I had a bad roommate beforehand, so when I switched to rooming with someone that I kind of new, especially since her roommate had moved out. She's a mutual friend of one of the first people I've met at the school (and someone I can call my best friend), so I thought I'd give it a try.
We hit it off instantly, she's absolutely nice; I can't say anything negative about her. However, since we've been hanging out a lot, she's met a lot of my other friends, and has gotten *super* close to most of them within my "Friends Circle", which didn't bother me at first.
However, I've noticed that some of them are *more* excited to be around her, and always "brag" about how cool she is and how funny she is, which I agree with, but it hurts me in the slightest bit that they've never said much about me in that way, although I'd like them to.
I tried to brush it off, but over time it became really depressing for me to be around her and my best friend (that I mentioned in the beginning) because they would laugh and laugh and frolic together, and I would literally be walking behind them, silently, trying to hold back tears.
I guess one could say that this stirred some feelings of jealousy in me, but I'm a very verbal and physical person (in terms of affection), and I like it better when my friends tell me how much they appreciate me.

And that's my main problem; feeling under-appreciated.

How do I deal with this, and should I steer away from them?

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Talk to them about it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts