Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Should I post a nasty mean message on my ex's myspace page?

• Yes do it. Tear her new one.

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • You're an a-hole. Me likee. Do it! :)

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Nah, not worth it. Move on.

Votes: 36 92.3%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like posting something on my ex's myspace--not nice though. She was a bizatch towards the end. Selfish. Anyway, just wanted to tell her what a crappy person she is and that I hope I never meet anyone like her again. I know I should move on, but she's clueless and it's maybe a last effort to get her to realize what a crappy person she was. Any thoughts? Please take the poll too if you can.

What I plan to write is kinda harsh but no foul language will be used. :) A normal person would probably be hurt but what I say, but she's never felt any guilt for anything really. Never apologized for anything. I doubt she ever will. She's one of those people who the phrase "I'm sorry" does not exist in their vocabulary.

btw, I'm surprised I am still able to post on her myspace. but I am....though I am sure after I post this message I won't be able to again.

edit: ok I probably will use foul language on the messsage.

·
king of the road
175 Posts
It's definitely not worth it. You will probably just end up regretting it. She might be a bad person, but you're no better than her if you do that. It's best to just take the high road. You'll feel better about yourself in the long-run if you do.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
I really don't know. I feel like getting drunk and calling my ex and telling him he's a useless **** because according to his friend, he doesn't know! What a moron. I deleted his number though so just feel frustrated... Not that he'd answer or even, get it, or maybe she'd anwer. I didn't vote because I'm not sure I see both sides. Would probably regret it if I did that. I think if you can't get angry you can't heal but... it's whether you want to overtly unleash that anger.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
I would write it in a non-Internet personal blog, not on her MySpace site. She's not worth it.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I am writing it right now actually Millennium. Feels good.

Not as good as it will feel once I submit it on her Myspace though. :evil

If she just felt a SHRED of remorse. I've e-mailed her, called her. She's always clueless. Anyway, maybe you're all right though. I'll just keep writing on a text file. (I don't have a blog)

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
I wouldn't advise it, myself. Once you post something on the Internet, there's no going back.

Depending on what you write and how it gets written, you could wind up looking like a bitter jackass and making other people feel sorry for her: "Oh what an ******* her ex must've been to post something like that... how'd she put up with him?"

A good rule of thumb is, don't do anything while you're angry. Wait until you're settled down and then think on it rationally.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I wouldn't advise it, myself. Once you post something on the Internet, there's no going back.

Depending on what you write and how it gets written, you could wind up looking like a bitter jackass and making other people feel sorry for her: "Oh what an ******* her ex must've been to post something like that... how'd she put up with him?"

A good rule of thumb is, don't do anything while you're angry. Wait until you're settled down and then think on it rationally.
Yes I agree with this too, an angry comment laden with insults and swearing may make her look like the victim to any mutual friends of yours. Block her and leave her in the past.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I agree with this too, an angry comment laden with insults and swearing may make her look like the victim to any mutual friends of yours. Block her and leave her in the past.
Point is well taken Rum and Just Lurking , but I spell out her wrong doings...which is mostly being thankless and slapping me in the face after I do something good. (get her car out of impound for example)

·
Cool story, bro!
986 Posts
Why would you advertise to her and her friends that she still has such power over your mind? If you're still angry at her, it just shows her that you still care. The best insult to her would be to forget about her and finally get to the point where you can barely remember her name. Imagine the surprise on her face if you looked right through her as if she was a stranger if you ran into her somewhere. Well, maybe that's not possible, but something to a lesser degree would make her feel small, while insulting her on her webpage for all to see would just feed her ego because it shows you give a damn.

The only time I MIGHT recommend doing something like that is if you had documented evidence, such as a video to put on youtube or some recording of a conversation, that would truly be damning in the eyes of her friends. Otherwise, it's just your word against hers, and your word will appear very weak in the eyes of her friends for reasons mentioned above.
Couldn't agree more. You're just going to look REALLY lame if you post it. Trust me, just ignoring them works best. I've had ex girlfriends who did stupid things to me and I literally just cut them off and months and even years later they've contacted me saying how much they were sorry or how I'll always be on their mind. You're better off just letting go.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I suppose you guys were right. I posted something but then ended up deleting it. Wasn't as satisfying as I thought it would be. I did private message her though. Thing of it is, last time I called her to tell her off, it turns out she had just come out of the hospital and so I really couldn't tear her a new one (see how nice I am?) and I really didn't have my say. Imagine how unsatisfying that was. Anyway, I let her have it in an e-mail. I feel a lot better actually.

LOL to the person that voted "You're an a-hole. Me likee. Do it. :)" You're my kind of person. :b hehehehe

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
I voted that you're an A-hole AND to tear her a new one!:D

It's good to get that weight off your shoulders.

Move on AFTER you tear her a new one:b

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
Worth it: No
Funny: Ooooooooooh yes.

It's really too bad that the paths of hilarity and good judgment don't cross more often.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bad bad bad bad idea. It isn't worth it. Resist the evil temptation of social networking sites! :)
Yeah they all suck!

I voted that you're an A-hole AND to tear her a new one!:D It's good to get that weight off your shoulders. Move on AFTER you tear her a new one:b
Worth it: No
Funny: Ooooooooooh yes.
It's really too bad that the paths of hilarity and good judgment don't cross more often.
So true. So very very true. LOL guys.

I <3 pie charts. :b

·
Registered
958 Posts
Percentage of the chart that looks like Pacman: 88%

1 - 16 of 16 Posts