Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably because I'm such a lonely person. So the thing is, is that There are particular groups in my school, or in every other school, you know like skaters, anime nerds, and athetics, etc. lol I don't know, but this is really making me feel bad. Okay so I'm kind of like a bit of everything, I like listening to hip hop music, I love anime,(not calling anybody a nerd, sorry if I offended anybody), I like to skate, and like to play baseball. But the thing is I'm not that "one thing". like I'm like 5 categories of different things if you know what I mean. People tend to not hangout out with me, because usually the anime people think I'm some hip hop skater and think I'm gonna make fun of them, or think im a bully, but i tell you I'm not!, every time i go hang out by the athletics they think im some sort of loser, that plays video games all the time, not gonna lie I love playing ps3 all the time but I'm not that kind of person you know. basically people think I'm one type of person, but I'm full of variety. maybe its just that theres just something wrong with me being in a group because I always find something wrong with a group of people that i hangout, which makes me not get along with people that much. I can't find anybody who is like me thats why i am posting this to see if anybody understands my problem, and Btw I know i'm kind of random and weird, But does anybody Like Hip hop music and Anime? thanks

·
Registered
742 Posts
Uh, why don't you just choose one group? Bad advice, I know you shouldn't have to and you should do what YOU want not what others want and bla bla bla... But it's highschool so you gotta do what you gotta do.

·
Villain in glasses
3,511 Posts
I feel somewhat the same way, even my friends don't share all my interests. In reality I never felt like I fit anywhere in society.

·
Registered
182 Posts
In high school, I've found the "fake it 'till you make it" strategy to be effective. Just pick one of your interest and pretend to be hard into it. Do a little research on it, and just hang out with that group. It's not particularly enjoyable, but what can you do?

I'm a hardcore gamer, but I go to a small school of about 500 students in Michigan, way out in the middle of nowhere. I have jack **** in common with anyone, so I just act like I love the same music/movie/whatever as everyone else. It's kept me from sitting alone at lunch, at the very least.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts