Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an adopted child with my biological sister we have the same adopted parents. I am 18 now, but I realized something was wrong with me 4 years ago when I was emotionally, mentally, and sometimes, but rarely physically hurt that when I started to cry I would start laughing too and I couldn’t get myself to stop until I shut myself down completely. I would be like a doll for a while after that and then I go back to my weird self. I don’t know what is wrong and how I should deal with it, but it would be of great help if you can give me an answer please.

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
What kind of dark toughs are you having?
Laughing or smiling when thinking about something horrible can be a form of self soothing. It can be to avoid comletely crumbling down. If You’re confused as to why you’re laughing, this might be it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Like Skeletra wrote, laughing can be a form of self soothing. There is something you perhaps feel emotionally blocked about that needs addressing. You don't know what it is else you wouldn't be asking here, but you mentioned you and your sister are adopted. Does it maybe have to do with that?
By the way, you're not weird. We all have this idea about what normal is like, but really 99.9% are weird because we're not all the same and have some weirdness about us. It would be weird if you were normal, whatever that is even.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts