Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing ever happens, I feel like im drifting through life with no emotion... Even when i go and hang out with people i never say anything. I dont know how to think. I feel brainless. Work is just 8 hours of soul crushing boredum and silence, i try to talk but its never about anything interesting. It just feels like a big ****in chore when I try to talk to people and they say something to me and i just zone out. I dont know whats wrong with me?? I always get my friends drunk or new people i hang out with and i never ask for anythin in return cuz i dont want to be a creep. i dont know, i dont understand life at all... im 23 ive only had 1 girlfriend and im 2 scared 2 go on a date cuz i cant ever think of anything to say which is why i try to avoid people. Ughhh. I feel like life is one big waste of time. I know get a hobby... ehhh my friends play video games i dont see the pointn that you just pressing buttons.. watchin movies is pointless. im not depressed im just bored of everything and wish someone fun wuld happen but i dont know how to initiate anythinggggg. maybe i shuld just be alone and miserable

·
Registered
604 Posts
Nothing ever happens, I feel like im drifting through life with no emotion... Even when i go and hang out with people i never say anything. I dont know how to think. I feel brainless. Work is just 8 hours of soul crushing boredum and silence, i try to talk but its never about anything interesting. It just feels like a big ****in chore when I try to talk to people and they say something to me and i just zone out. I dont know whats wrong with me?? I always get my friends drunk or new people i hang out with and i never ask for anythin in return cuz i dont want to be a creep. i dont know, i dont understand life at all... im 23 ive only had 1 girlfriend and im 2 scared 2 go on a date cuz i cant ever think of anything to say which is why i try to avoid people. Ughhh. I feel like life is one big waste of time. I know get a hobby... ehhh my friends play video games i dont see the pointn that you just pressing buttons.. watchin movies is pointless. im not depressed im just bored of everything and wish someone fun wuld happen but i dont know how to initiate anythinggggg. maybe i shuld just be alone and miserable
You've just articulated everything I've been feeling for a while now. It's not depression, it's just bordem. Wish I could give you some advice on how to feel better but I don't even know how to get over this feeling. Doesn't it feel like you're just floating through life with no meaningful events happening? Don't condemn yourself to be alone or anything. Looks like you are new to this site. Check out the gathering section and try to connect with other people from S.A. or join a meet-up . com support group. S.A. frankly sucks and going through life shouldn't be this hard :|.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sound like you need some dramatic change to happen to shake you out of the monotony. Counting on somebody (instead of something) to be that change for you is never good, because then you relate your new found happiness to that person, and if it doesn't work out, you're right back to square one.
If you're thinking about a hobby, something more active than watching movies and playing video games would make a bigger difference. Wouldn't it be nice if there were such a thing as hiking for people with SA? :D
When I feel like this, I usually find a new place to volunteer, that always makes me feel appreciated and like I'm doing something useful with my life. People at places like that are usually pretty nice too, and let you interact as much as you feel comfortable with. :)

·
Registered
609 Posts
nothing seems to be working for me either at the moment..i just got into a relationship and thought that would really excite me again but it hasnt really...i workout every day, i read, videogames, take the dogs for a walk, nothing seems to kill the dullness..

·
Hear, See , Be silent
1,421 Posts
nothing seems to be working for me either at the moment..i just got into a relationship and thought that would really excite me again but it hasnt really...i workout every day, i read, videogames, take the dogs for a walk, nothing seems to kill the dullness..
I do the same... what about sports though ? that usually gets me out of the house.

·
Registered
609 Posts
^^i play softball as often as i can..still, the emptiness/dulness remains...i prefer to be by myself but then i feel the emptiness, and it doesnt help when im around people either, i still feel it..sometimes even worse when around others..

·
Hear, See , Be silent
1,421 Posts
Like something is missing in your life ? Because I get that feeling all the time.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I wish I only felt that "something" was missing in my life.
I feel like most of everything that should be up front & center in my life, isn't even remotely in my life enough to talk about.
Are there recovered SAers on this site?
Because it kind of seems like I read a post about someone complaining.
Then I agree, and I write my complaint...and it helps get things out.
But if some recovered SAer could give advice, things would be even better.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I would have to agree that a hobby is a good thing.. There has to be something you enjoy doing.. A favorite sport maybe? Or even just going for a walk in your neighborhood or at the park... Running.. Any form of exercise would be good not just mentally but physically too.. I try practicing having converstions with people in the mirror.. lol.. It helps a little..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey everyone thanks for the replies... I use to play basketball alot until i moved now i only have one friend who is any good at it and can make a game out of it where it feels like i am accomplishing something you know? But hes too busy with his girlfriend and work and my other friends try to be nice and we'll play a game but most of the time they suck and it just becomes boring cuz theres no challenge involved. Theres no way i would be able to go to a gym and work out, lol. I'd feel like everyone is staring at me or something but i have been trying abit at home cuz i need more self confidence and that seems like a decent step in the right direction.

·
kawaii neko chan
52 Posts
I used to be so bored with life I tried killing myself a lot cause there really seemed like no point to life. I realised I'm too scared to kill myself so I might as well try to live my life and make it fun as I can. If this makes me a weirdo to everyone else so be it! So yeah... you really have to be self motivated though and it's HARD to get out of the loop of thinking everything is pointless. Maybe the things are pointless but if you have fun doing them then why not right?

Everyone is different so I can't speak for you... it's really a choice you have to make yourself, if you want to be bored with life and all the pointless things, or do things and make things have a point to them. Someone told me that there are no such things as boring topics but boring people.

Well I know I'm probably not much help if you're that bored you probably aren't in the mood to listen to anyone but who knows lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nah i feel what your sayin' i agree alot with you.

It's like I need interesting **** in my life to make me interesting. But I know thats not the case, Im horrible at explaining myself.. I know alot of people that have boring lives but they can make it seem interesting. unfortunately i am not one of those people. I feel like i dont know anything, like ever since high school which i never really paid much attention to in the first place, i've just been searching for something. i dunno its hard to explain. I went to college for abit and i barely read the text books at all. I feel like If theres anything i want to know i can just look it up on the internet. Why waste time going to school to learn something? So you can make a carreer out of it i suppose.now.I dont know how to have fun, i dont know how to entertain people. I wish i could just ramble on and on but i cant. Sometimes I wish I had ADD or that i was easily amused, i know that sounds bad but its true. I talk when the occassional weird thought pops into my head which doesnt seem 2 happen alot. Its like its a blank all day... or i think ALOT about how i cant seem 2 think or talk. if that makes any sense. my memorys pretty bad, Ill watch a funny TV show or hear a funny joke but ill forget it later when i want to tell someone.Its like i have to memorize it or something? im just rambling haha so ima cut this short now.

·
ThirdEyeGrind
1,284 Posts
Try Nardil (even though this isn't the med. forum). It works like a charm for me. I was emotionless, just wanted it all to be over, and now everything's great. If you're seriously this depressed and dealing with sa talk to a doctor about atleast some medication. Just my advice.

·
Banned
497 Posts
thatshe life of a social phobic

1 - 16 of 16 Posts