Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that posts like this are made all the time and this must seem pretty redundant, but I feel incredibly lonely all the time.

I wake up in the morning around 10 or something and do nothing all day. I go to bed around 12 or 1 or 2, which probably isn't good. Sometimes I'll hang out with one of my two friends, but that isn't very often. I usually end up reading or something all day, or listening to music. That's all right, but it gets pretty old, and I wish I knew more people I could hang out with. But I don't really know anyone, especially since I've been going to a new school all year and haven't made any friends.

But the point of this is, what should I do? Does anyone have any suggestions? I want to go out and make new friends and meet people but I feel very unsure as to how. I don't have great social skills and most people think I'm weird. It sucks. I don't know why, exactly, but I want nothing but companionship. Like friends and a girlfriend. And these things always seem out of my reach.

So, what should I do? What have you done to fight this problem? Maybe this thread could help people besides me. What do you do when you're feeling incredibly lonely and bored? And what are some good ways to meet new people?

·
Sea of clouds.
223 Posts
I can't really help on the meeting new people front, but as far as alleviating boredom goes, what else are you interested in? Maybe consider trying to learn something new, like drawing, or ... whatever strikes your fancy.

Do you talk to people in your classes? I'm pretty deficient at meeting people and this is about the only thing that really works for me. As far as social skills, I find that just forcing myself to be outside is a good step to putting me more at ease. Ride the bus. Go out for long walks (good for fresh air too...). Browse around in bookstores, even if you're not going to buy anything. Force yourself in more social situations and (at least, I'm told) the comfort will come in time. Try something new that freaks you out (even something as simple as making eye contact with a stranger, which I still cannot do regularly).

If you're inside a lot, maybe consider talking to people online, esp. from this forum? Having human contact, even when it's electronic, has helped me fight off that loneliness a bit.

I'm no expert at this, and I'm pretty curious as to what works for other people, as well.

·
Banned
1,198 Posts
But the point of this is, what should I do? Does anyone have any suggestions?
going to sleep late and waking up late makes people feel sh1tty. i don't know what it is but it has an effect on the body. some get head aches, others get low energy.

if you want to change, everything starts with one step. make this your goal. to go to sleep early and wake up early. you need to accomplish this goal first in order to take the next step.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts