Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Jasmine. I'm 19. I have generalized, separation, and social anxiety. I started being treated for it when I was 16. Social anxiety is the biggest problem though. I'm still struggling with it after a couple years of therapy and medication.
I also have didaskaleinophobia, or school phobia. It wasn't dealt with early because, well, it wasn't a problem until high school. Now, after taking a year off from school (probably not smart), I'm preparing myself to attend college in the fall.

Obviously, though, the previous paragraphs aren't all of me. Those things are distract from who I really am: a lighthearted, positive, and compassionate person. I get caught up in my anxiety sometimes but when I'm feeling good, I'm pretty awesome!

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Jasmine welcome. :)

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!
:D

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
:wel Jasmine.

I think I understand about the school phobia. Its a long time ago now (it doesn't seem it, but unfortunately it is) but in my last year at secondary school (when I was 15) I developed an intense feeling of not being able to go to school. I don't know what caused it, I always enjoyed school, had friends, wasn't bullied, but for reasons I still don't understand I couldn't face going. I remember making myself sick quite often, and once I smashed my elbow against the pavement so I could go home. I eventually failed my exams, but the next year I retook the year at a different college and the phobia just went. I really hope that when you start college later in the year you get on well and are happy there. :)

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! Yeah, that's how it gets, haha. When I try to explain it to people I say, "Walking into the school building, for me, is like someone pushing me into a cage with an untamed lion. I will fight and do whatever it takes to save myself and not go inside."
I'm really determined to make the best of it this time around though. I don't want it to be like high school so...it won't be!

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, TheDaffodil! :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Welcome! And YES you do exist. I know its hard with social anxiety when people ignore you. I have also taken this year off college and am going to community college in the fall. I wish you the best of luck.

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, millenniumman75 and weebeastiebaby!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts