Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am genuine but I am not totally creepy or even slightly hard to live with... Yes I am quiet but who gives a flying f?? this one room mate I have is so condescending and snobby to me sometimes. and I'm seriously going to explode on her one of these days...

Yes I have SA but I hate petty girls that start **** for no reason with a passion. I mean we are in college people have been p nice and. laid back to live with so far... I want to confront her but I never have to confront people.. I am not going to be treated like this either though grr. I hate being shy. What should I say? Has anyone ever dealt with a creep like her before and can you giclve me advice?

I don't know why I take it personally but I do. I know she is being stupid but it's so familiar. It's like I'm in middle school again and I'm enduring the same stuff tyhat mRs me shy in the first place... ;(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, since this is your first post, I thought I'd make mine as well :)

I'm sorry to hear you are having a hard time with your roommate. It really sucks to live with someone you don't get along with, especially when you have SA. Unfortunately I was in that situation in college (and am in a similar situation now). Without knowing more about your specific situation, it is hard to tell if talking to her about it will help. I think some people would be very receptive if you just have a talk to them about it, but others might not. It also depends on your level of comfort with having difficult discussions. On one hand, it is useful to practice these things and could potentially solve the problem, but I also know how big a step that feels like for someone with SA. Is there any chance you could change rooms or get a new roommate? That way, if you do talk to her and she isn't receptive, you can at least have another way out of the situation.

·
Registered
360 Posts
People usually treat you how you let them. When you don't like the way she acts towards you, cut her off. Be rude if needed, she'll get the point.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts