Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Addicted to sleep...
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yeah, around a month ago I decided to give therapy a shot. So I started to see a psychologist once a week...

To be honest I don't have any ****ing **** to talk with him when I'm there, and even if I do, I don't see how it is gonna me. I mean I can think with myself about my problems why would I want to talk with him about them.

So there are a lot of moments of complete silence till I find anything stupid to talk about.

I got another meeting tomorrow so if it will be the same I will just quit, cause it's just a waste of time and money. And it just makes me sadder because of that.

Feel free to share tips or something and if therapy did help yourself.

John.

·
Misanthrop
20 Posts
Do yourself a favour and save the time and money!
I've been in a "mental hospital" before, and guess what:
One of my room mates was a former therapist himself lol.
If you second guess, criticize and scrutinize, you're too smart
for that bollox. Might as well spill your guts on this board ;)

·
Looking for an argument
2,347 Posts
I've spent years in therapy and got nothing out of it. If you find after your 5th session you still aren't feeling like its helping you then probably move on. It could be your therapist isn't the right one for you its not like seeing a doctor, and its also not like finding your soul mate but there does have to be a certain chemistry I think. But even then if you find it like I did you might still find it doesn't really help you, but it might, it helps some.

·
Registered
31 Posts
For some people therapy is really effective. Some not so much. Ive been in therapy on and off since i was 13. After about 7 different therapist i just gave up cause i got nothing out of them. I hated starting over with a new person and having to tell my life story over and over and over again. And at the end of the day i realized it didnt do a thing for me. They cant change my past, cant change who i am and cant give me a healthy normal future. Meds did the most for me. It didnt cure me but i was now at least able to go to the corner store and buy a bagel or a pack of smokes if there were no customers. For others therapy helped greatly. They felt getting everything out and having someone understand what the disorder could do to a person gave people a sense of ease. Its basically comes down to the person, everyone reacts differently.

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
So yeah, around a month ago I decided to give therapy a shot. So I started to see a psychologist once a week...

To be honest I don't have any ****ing **** to talk with him when I'm there, and even if I do, I don't see how it is gonna me. I mean I can think with myself about my problems why would I want to talk with him about them.

So there are a lot of moments of complete silence till I find anything stupid to talk about.

I got another meeting tomorrow so if it will be the same I will just quit, cause it's just a waste of time and money. And it just makes me sadder because of that.

Feel free to share tips or something and if therapy did help yourself.

John.
You have to bounce those thoughts off with the doctor. Thinking with yourself only reinforces the bad thinking. You have to actively push yourself out of your comfort zone and then talk to him about the thoughts you are having.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've been in it for 10 years with loads of different therapists and I paid for it myself, I wasn't forced to go.

Yeah, it's bogus. At least in the sense that they are not going to diagnose you accurately and they are not going to tell you anything you didn't already know.

If you have that weird disease that talking to a stranger cures, then go for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts