Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I moved to where I currently live leaving all of the friends I made in high school behind. The only reason I was able to make those friends is because I was forced to go to school after my parents broke up and we couldn't home school anymore. I moved here for work reasons. I am alone all the time with exception of my professional life. Sometimes I am okay with it because the alternative is to go out and meet people and I have an active imagination and the Internet (Netflix, etc.). I'm not sure if anything is really wrong with me other than that I'm so shy I can't order a drink at a bar or eat at a restaurant that doesn't have a drive thru. I wouldn't even walk into these places by myself. How do I even start to deal with this sort of thing? I'm beginning to have unhealthy thoughts and am feeling very trapped.

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, AnonymousObviously! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Anonymous obviously welcome. :hyper

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi and welcome! No need to delete it and certainly no need to apologise. I don't know how you feel, but I always feel that the world is designed for pairs/ groups and that I would simply be offending all of society if I ventured anywhere alone. Well I realised that is just silly and that I have a right to go out to dinner, see a movie etc. This world is mine, as much as it is anyone's (leaving aside the environmental issues with that statement). How dare anyone (including myself) stop me from doing the things I want to do? It is simply crazy to care so much about what other people think of me and what I do. I had this 'epiphany' of sorts the other night. My life should revolve around me, not around other people and their thoughts and lives.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts