Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically I need to know some kind of explanation about what could be or is wrong with me ...some background information that may be relevant is I've had a significant traumatic event in my childhood, I worry a lot about certain social situations without making out to everyone else like I worry about anything and I'm fine and also that I have illogical and irrational fears and phobias of things I've never seen e.g ghosts. I get very very anxious easily and quickly. My main signs when I'm anxious are looking around the room and breathing quicker and heart palpatations becoming irregular. Basically, I've not often had a full,good nights sleep since I was a baby. Since being a toddler I had become anxious at bed times and sat and cried untill sometimes 3am (very late for a toddler) till my mother came and sat with me until I fell asleep. Now I'm older I go to bed and suffer from the same anxiety. I check around my room before I get into bed and then after I get into bed I check around the room every time I hear any noise and also sometimes when I don't hear anything. I without fail go to bed anxious every night now and its causing me to become depressed. Once I'm in bed I have to have music on. I don't like silence , the dark, being on my own. Horrible images and ideas pop into my head. On a regular night I don't get to sleep untill at least 3am. Once I am asleep I awaken upto 6 times a night and call for my mother. I'm an adult now and this is not normal behaivour. I have disturbing nightmares. I'm very worried I don't know if this is insomnia or anxiety problems but I'm so tired its brought me to tears and enough is enough. I am concerend about my future as an adult and do not want to suffer from this any longer. I am incredibley tired. I worry about everything and I'm stressed. Thank you to anyone who has any ideas.

·
serious
340 Posts
Your early trauma as a child may have created a negative core belief, the other symptoms may be compensation strategies developed by your mind to protect you from confronting that core issue.
That said, I'm no expert,and neither are most people here as far as I know.
I would recommend seeing a mental health care professional if you want any decent information / help.
All the best ! :)

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
Yeah I would definitely suggest seeing a mental health professional about this, that sounds horrible :(. I always had trouble sleeping when I was young cause I had nightmares a lot. I only recently started having what I'd call a "good night's sleep" because my depression has been getting better (meaning it's going away). But I don't really know what to suggest besides telling a doctor about it, good luck :)

·
MEAT POPSICLE
857 Posts
Therapy?

Have you ever sought out a therapist? or talked to your doctor about your feelings and concerns? I agree with the others that you need to seek out therapy and get to the root of the problem, it is not going to get easier or go away unfortunetly :no most people see it worsen over time without any help or meds. So keep talking and working through your problems and getting out the thoughts and feelings. But do seek proffesional help. I wish you luck with your search for answers. :)

Basically I need to know some kind of explanation about what could be or is wrong with me ...some background information that may be relevant is I've had a significant traumatic event in my childhood, I worry a lot about certain social situations without making out to everyone else like I worry about anything and I'm fine and also that I have illogical and irrational fears and phobias of things I've never seen e.g ghosts. I get very very anxious easily and quickly. My main signs when I'm anxious are looking around the room and breathing quicker and heart palpatations becoming irregular. Basically, I've not often had a full,good nights sleep since I was a baby. Since being a toddler I had become anxious at bed times and sat and cried untill sometimes 3am (very late for a toddler) till my mother came and sat with me until I fell asleep. Now I'm older I go to bed and suffer from the same anxiety. I check around my room before I get into bed and then after I get into bed I check around the room every time I hear any noise and also sometimes when I don't hear anything. I without fail go to bed anxious every night now and its causing me to become depressed. Once I'm in bed I have to have music on. I don't like silence , the dark, being on my own. Horrible images and ideas pop into my head. On a regular night I don't get to sleep untill at least 3am. Once I am asleep I awaken upto 6 times a night and call for my mother. I'm an adult now and this is not normal behaivour. I have disturbing nightmares. I'm very worried I don't know if this is insomnia or anxiety problems but I'm so tired its brought me to tears and enough is enough. I am concerend about my future as an adult and do not want to suffer from this any longer. I am incredibley tired. I worry about everything and I'm stressed. Thank you to anyone who has any ideas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts