Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made an account here about a year ago, when I felt I was going through some changes. I was studying in another country and I was under a lot of pressure, as far as family obligations and expectations were concerned. I was living in a very social society, and I thought this might force me out of my seclusion, but it only drove me in even more. I just couldn't find anyone to relate with over there, and so I just felt very detached and cared less and less about what anyone thought of me.

Just recently I returned to my own country (where I've never felt very much at home either, to be honest.) For some reason, I find it a lot easier now to go out and do the things I need to do to make money and advance my career. I don't have any nervousness, even in social situations. But I've found that old nervous feeling replaced by an emptiness, like I've just been squeezed out and there's nothing left. I feel completely numb. I still don't have any goals, motivation or romantic prospects. Women I've met don't even interest me anymore. I talked to my shrink before I left university and he told me to get out more and loosen up my expectations, but I really don't feel like doing even that. Is this just me?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts