Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a presentation today infront of about 30 students
and it bombed!
i was nervous, stiff, froze up ,i made very little eye contact, and i even cursed...
wow it was such a bomb.
but guess what. I LOVE IT
the rush i got at the end when it was over
i want to do another one now.
i want to improve this part of my life

i finally see my social anxiety going away, just from the different outlook im having in social situations now after it happens. (thinking about improving instead of obsessing of how terrible i did)

last year when i did a presentation, after i was done, i felt embarrassed, like i was so much worse than everyone else, that everyone thought i was stupid, and that it felt like my world was coming to an end. I would also obsess with it days after the presentation.

and now, i cant wait to get another chance, to improve, to do better. i think im going to take a public speaking class next semester and take any opportunities that i can to speak in front of a group of people (working my way up from a small to larger groups)

wohoo! =)

·
Registered
96 Posts
That's a great step forward. Best of luck!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also just wrote a letter to apologize for the cursing in his class. maybe itll be a grade booster =P

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
kenny84 said:
i was nervous, stiff, froze up ,i made very little eye contact, and i even cursed...
wow it was such a bomb.
Yes, it was - ouch! :um

I have heard television personalities (even on the Weather Channel) cuss while on the air, though, so it is not as bad.

It's almost hysteria to find that you are taking it so well. I can only offer family-friendly encouragement! :lol

Way to work through your anxiety!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
millenniumman75 said:
I have heard television personalities (even on the Weather Channel) cuss while on the air, though, so it is not as bad.
hey thanks for the tidbit. its good to know that even professionals could make the same mistake i did.

·
Registered
128 Posts
like others have already said that is terrific, public speaking is something that helped me get past social anxiety, it is kinda like if you are affraid of hieghts and you repel off a hundred foot cliff then a 20or30or fifty foot cliff does not seem so frightening......

I know as I got more comfortable and competent at public speaking I could notice that I was quite abit calmer in small groups to....

so good on you I think it is absolutely terrific what you are doing!!!!!!

John H

·
Registered
8 Posts
so what if it didnt go great.my presentations always suck but i always go through with them because making the effort makes me feel good about myself.well done!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts