Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is time, once again for the end of the public school year goodbyes.

Some of them are to retirees I may never see again, some are to coworkers I'd prefer to never see again, and some of the goodbyes are to coworkers I would have liked to have gotten to know better so I could see them over the summer.

I hate endings.

I hate beginnings.

Leave me alone in the middle and I am happiest.

Star, a discontented content middle child. :nw

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm the same exact way! I sometimes call in sick if I know there's going to be a goodbye party for someone at work, or else I'll pretend I had a meeting scheduled at an offsite office and just go home or hang out at the mall or something. Or I'll pretend I never got the email... I do the same thing for office baby showers, wedding showers, etc. We seem to have a lot of them!!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do the same thing for office baby showers, wedding showers, etc. We seem to have a lot of them!!
:dito

I always have an excuse handy, just like you!

It does help to know I am not the only person who does that.

Star :sas :thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
When I worked for a year as a cashier, on my last day a co-worker paged me to the stockroom in back. When I got there, a bunch of them were all standing around and next thing I knew, I got a whipped cream pie in the face. I was so stunned. But it was because they liked me there so it wasn't meant to be hurtful! Still, I got tears in my eyes (you know, SA = ultra sensitive and I've had nasty experiences being teased and rejected before as well) Plus everyone was laughing which was kind of hard to to deal with even though in was all in good spirit. If I hadn't gotten along so well with my co-workers there and didn't feel as comfortable around them, I probably would have really cried and have run out of the store altogether...

Anyway, people noticed my teary eyes so I tried to lie and say it was just that I got cream in them and they were watering! :cry But after I overcame the shock which, by the way, took several minutes, I was able to laugh at it too and didn't feel too bad. I knew it was meant as an affectionate gesture although I still find it's a weird one. The best thing was they let me leave early after and still get paid till the end of my shift. So that was okay! :lol

Anyway, that was just my goodbye story. I personally don't mind goodbyes at work but now I'm usually more on guard at them! :tiptoe Of course you need a job first which I don't currently have... :um

·
Registered
36 Posts
Temari said:
When I got there, a bunch of them were all standing around and next thing I knew, I got a whipped cream pie in the face
Wow, Temari, that's a pretty unusual goodbye! I probably would have run out of there crying. Glad you were able to recover and enjoy your last day!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts