Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is exactly why I hate doing group projects.

I had to work on a project for my one class with 2 other people. And this one girl has all of our information saved to her flask drive. We collected all the info last friday. I assumed that she would email us the info so we could write our individual reports, but no. She never bothered to and it's thursday now, the report is due tomorrow and I can't write it because I don't have any of the information that I need.

She never even showed up to class this week so I couldn't ask her for it then either. I don't have her number, but I do have her email. I've been pretty much emailing her on a daily basis since Monday and she never replied to any of my emails or our other partner's.

It does not take that much time to email the info to us. I'm just so mad right now at myself and at her. At myself, for forgetting my flash drive that day and at her because she's so irresponsible. She knows it's due tomorrow. I'm 99% sure she's not dying in a hospital somewhere because she skips classes regularly.

I don't know what to do right now but I'm going to get a zero on the report and I'm not going to be able to make it up since tomorrow is the last day of classes at my school. I can't even make up stuff because she has all the numbers and figures and everything.

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
Write what you wrote here to your professor and ask what you can do to make up for your impending lateness. (Just because it's the last day of classes doesn't mean you're out of luck.)

·
unashamed perv
1,786 Posts
Wow. That sucks quite majorly. I agree with Just Lurking. I can't think what else you could do. We never did group projects at my university - now I kind of realise why!

·
···---···
3,375 Posts
If she disappeared with the info you need, then it's not your fault. No professor would penalize you for that. So you and the other student should inform your professor asap.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm pretty much checking my email every 5 minutes and nothing.....

I'll be really pissed off if she shows up tomorrow with a completed report.

I guess I'm going to have to let my professor know, but I'm so reluctant to do so because we are in college and I feel like a high schooler for complaining to my prof when it's something that I should be able to handle on my own.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Best of luck, but next time don't allow anyone to have all of the information for a major project. Everyone should have a copy of everything pertaining to the book report, just to be safe. It sounds like she may be avoiding you and the other group members for some reason. That's totally not cool. I hate when people do that crap and put the grades of others in jeopardy. Unfortunately the professor may say "Well, everyone should have a copy of the information. There's nothing I can do."

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Best of luck, but next time don't allow anyone to have all of the information for a major project. Everyone should have a copy of everything pertaining to the book report, just to be safe. It sounds like she may be avoiding you and the other group members for some reason. That's totally not cool. I hate when people do that crap and put the grades of others in jeopardy. Unfortunately the professor may say "Well, everyone should have a copy of the information. There's nothing I can do."
That's pretty much exactly what he said, that it was our responsibility to make sure we had everything we needed. BTW, that girl showed up to class today with a completed report. I was so pissed off cause it's not fair at all. My prof is still going to let me turn mine in on monday, but of course, I get a letter grade taken off because it is late.

I really really really hate her right now. When we asked her why she didn't email it to us, she was like, I didn't have your email addresses which is a complete lie since we emailed her and therefore she had our email. I'm convinced she did this on purpose and I wish everything evil in the world to happen to her. I really do :(

Lets see if she'll email it to me before monday gets here this time around....

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am so sorry that happened to you and your group members. It seems like she did that on purpose. People are shady like that, especially in college. I truly hope you get the information that you need to complete the report. If you could get revenge on her in some sort of tactful, legal way to lower her grade in class, I would definitely do that. She sounds like a total b word.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didn't think people did stuff like that in college. This is the first time that this has ever happened to me but once is more than enough. Lol, trust me if there was some way I could lower her grade too, I totally would be all over it.

I take comfort in the fact that she's also graduating this May but does not have a job offer and has been rejected from the grad school she applied to. I feel mean being happy that she failed but whatever, she deserves it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a similar situation in college. I was working in a group with some guy in a history course, and I was relying on this individual to give me notes for a class project. He didn't. I didn't panic. I just googled the major topics that the notes covered. Made a final grade higher than him and he was pissed. I made sure he knew that I made an A+ in the course too, not in a direct way. Another classmate was asking me what i got in this particular course, and the jerk happened to be sitting nearby. He was a competitive Pre-Law major, who for some reason, didn't have the decency to attach his word document of notes to an e-mail and press the send button. I would have totally done the same for him, and in many instances did. But whatevers. You live and learn.

I understand you can't do this with lab reports. They require consistent data, tables, etc.

People are very competitive, and its mostly the clueless jerks who are like this. Next time, know that you can only rely on yourself when it comes to getting notes. I also had classmates e-mail me the wrong notes or tell me the wrong information on purpose.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow that's crazy.. I didn't realize people get that freaked out over grades. I mean, I guard my GPA with my life but still, I would never deliberately try to make someone else do bad just so I can do better

1 - 11 of 11 Posts