Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I have SA but I was wondering if chewing the skin off my bottom lip and I was wondering if I may be doing it out of nervousness.

·
Registered
342 Posts
CARsMom1012 said:
I was wondering if I may be doing it out of nervousness.
Yeah, I'm sure that's why you're doing it. Unless you've got a bump or something on your lip that's making you bite it, you're probably doing it out of anxiety.

·
Registered
249 Posts
yes

I do the same thing...as well as grind my teeth in my sleep

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I have this same problem, as well, my lips are dry in the winter unless i use petroleum jelly on them, i have the biting lip problem and they bleed..ewies.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I usually bite my lips in my sleep, grind my teeth, and I bite my fingernails until they're raw. I thought I was the only one who did those things.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I do everything that everyone has mentioned so far. Except I'm not sure what cuticles are.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Bon said:
Yep, that and pick at my cuticles.
Eep! I pick at my cuticles too! (a cuticle is the skin that grows over your fingernail) I thought I was the only one...

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Everyone has nervous habits, I think. Those who don't are probably just lying. SA or no. :)

xoxo
Maggi

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fallen_Dark_Angel said:
I bite the inside of my cheeks, lips, fingernails, pick at my toenails, grind my teeth and also pick at my cuticles! :um
I do all of these too, plus smoke and sometimes it's really hard to do them all at the same time. Chew, chew, smoke, chew some more, smoke some more. :um

·
Registered
265 Posts
I bite my lips all the time...i never wear lipstick or gloss because of this and i could really use the color. The inside of the cheeks too--i thought i was the only one who did that! And don't even get my started on the nails and cuticles!

I also have kind of a bad skin picking thing. If I get a scab i am guaranteed a scar because i can't seem to leave it alone. Does anyone know if this is a symptom of SA or just a really disgusting habit? (it would really make a lot of sense because i seem to do it at very inappropriate times too i.e. public places) It's okay to be honest--i won't flag you if it truly is just a nasty habit :b --it's just something i have always wondered.
If you're not too embarrassed any info would be helpful...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wow, I thought I was the only one. I chew on the inside of my lips and I've been biting my nails since 3rd grade.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts