Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am 100% in the same boat. I have pretty much no friends anymore because of this issue =/ good luck I still haven't figured out how to relate to others.

·
NewGlory
840 Posts
Well most people turn to counseling/meds to 'fix' things about themselves, so that can help..And just educating yourself on pop culture, current news, etc might help. Honestly i dont think you'll get much advice on this website tho lol

·
lost in thought
57 Posts
Same here, the only way i've passed this freeze is liquid courage. There is a danger zone if I reach it my jokes become more vulgar. I'm going through a little training trying to catch details about the person I'm speaking with. Like if they were wearing TNMT shirts. I'd jump on that and try and progress to other topics. I think this is the most difficult 'muscle' to train and strengthen I can as far as the weather and lock up:roll

·
Banned
2,397 Posts
me too. i really don't even want to be around people anymore.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Same here, the only way i've passed this freeze is liquid courage. There is a danger zone if I reach it my jokes become more vulgar. I'm going through a little training trying to catch details about the person I'm speaking with. Like if they were wearing TNMT shirts. I'd jump on that and try and progress to other topics. I think this is the most difficult 'muscle' to train and strengthen I can as far as the weather and lock up:roll
I also hate small talk anyways though and getting to know people because you have to pretend to give a **** about **** you don't give a **** about and I have to pretend to be someone I'm not or else I will scare them away lol. I have to pretend to care about mundane pointless subjects and I end up being terse.

·
Banned
16 Posts
I also hate small talk anyways though and getting to know people because you have to pretend to give a **** about **** you don't give a **** about and I have to pretend to be someone I'm not or else I will scare them away lol. I have to pretend to care about mundane pointless subjects and I end up being terse.
But you don't need to be friends with everyone. If the convo dies then let it happen.

·
Banned
2,397 Posts
...and people are constantly comparing themselves to everyone and it seems like that's what the conversations are really about

1 - 8 of 8 Posts