Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I'm wondering if anyone else has trouble organizing their thoughts/ sentences when talking. I will try my best to explain what I mean. So when I want to say something, I have a difficult time coming up with what I want to say. It's really hard for me to say something and have it just flow off my tongue. Most of the time, I will not have any idea what I want to say. If someone asks me a question, I will usually respond with a short answer that doesn't require much though. My answers aren't usually unique answers. A lot of the time I just respond with expressions that I have heard before. I am unable to quickly reply with something that is original and interesting/ funny. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I hardly ever know where I am going with my sentence and I just wing it. Another thing thats really hard is writing. I can't think of how to word my sentences. I was just applying for jobs and they asked me what skills I was hoping to utilize while at work. I spent 10 minutes typing and retyping, trying to make my two sentences sound right. I know none of this made any sense but hopefully someone will understand what I'm trying to say.

·
Unicorn
228 Posts
I have the exact problem except I'm quite eloquent when typing my thoughts out. Its just talking that when I try to respond or talk to someone, nothing intelligible comes out of my mouth, it feels like there's a giant block in my mind that prevents my thoughts and words from flowing smoothly. I end up sounding like someone who doesn't know to speak English very well when in fact I'm quiet adept at the language. It embarrasses me to the point where I just don't talk much or I respond with a lot of " oh I see, right, oh cool" or something along those lines. Its so frustrating :|

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay that makes me feel a lot better that there is at least someone else that shares my frustration. Do you know if there is anything that can help make talking easier?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts