Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like people just don't want to know me, I'm starting to think there must be something seriously wrong with me aside from my SA but I can't point my finger on it. I went to college for three years and I hadn't even made any close friends there, in fact when we graduated we didn't even say a goodbye, neither did my lecturers whom I had known longer than they had. It's probably been at least 5 years since I had an actual friend who I could hang around with socially, I have workmates that I can talk to sometimes but that's just it. It upsets me that no one wants to know me and it must be my fault, I have a feeling due to my SA that I must give the impression that I don't want people around me when in fact I do really badly, I crave to have social interaction.

My SA stops me from being who I am because I'm scared that if I show my real personality and my humour, people will avoid me but that's what people are doing now. I must come across as boring because I'm so shy and I don't engage a lot with people. I feel like I'm in such a muddle.

·
Registered
137 Posts
This sounds exactly like me! I know what you must be feeling, its frustrating when you just can't seem to make a good impression no matter what you try, while other people get recognized and appreciated without even trying or caring or wanting it....

I seriously believe that its not because we come across as aloof/uncaring but people have told me that I look so uptight and nervous that I look like i might explode if they talked to me....so I think the trick is to relax and act natural...

again though, easier said than done.....I am at a loss for what to do

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Same problem.....teetering on the edge of giving up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts