Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I had a really embarrassing moment. I would even consider it the most embarrassing moment of my life. I just can't get it out of my head.

I usually just listen to music it gets me upbeat, happy, and relaxed. but this moment happened when I was listening to one of my favorite songs so now every time i listen to music it just reminds me more and more of what happened.

It's like the only way I can get this out of my head is to do something EVEN MORE embarrassing, except in front of different people and in a different way.

I just don't know what to do Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Should I go through with my plan to do something even more embarrassing?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I think you should just forget about it and move on, as awkward as it may feel. Everyone is human, and there isn't one person on this planet that hasn't had an embarrassing moment.

·
FAKE
1,117 Posts
here let me comfort u with an embarrassing story of mine.

one time i had very bad diarrhea and went to go poo in the single person public restroom at my dentists office and i guess the lock was effed up and so mid-squirt some dude comes walkin in and i'm sittin there and our eyes meet and i'm too embarrassed to say anything and so he just says sorry and closes the door. oh also there were people outside in the hall who saw me and likely got a nice sample of my diarrhea smells including a little girl who will probably need therapy some day. every word of that is true. i hope you feel better!

·
Sooo..come here often?
204 Posts
This weekend I had a really embarrassing moment. I would even consider it the most embarrassing moment of my life. I just can't get it out of my head.

I usually just listen to music it gets me upbeat, happy, and relaxed. but this moment happened when I was listening to one of my favorite songs so now every time i listen to music it just reminds me more and more of what happened.

It's like the only way I can get this out of my head is to do something EVEN MORE embarrassing, except in front of different people and in a different way.

I just don't know what to do Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Should I go through with my plan to do something even more embarrassing?
Don't let one small embarrassment (however big it may seem to you) keep you from living your life! Think of it this way: Someone else may have gone through an even worse embarrassment. Your problems always seem inferior when compared to those of others. Chin up!;) It's not that bad. Trust me.

Stuff that I've said or that others have commented on (things I did) will somehow stay stuck in the back of my head and I'll think about them and feel embarrassed all over again.

It happens. Unfortunately we cannot change the past. Cannot take back what's been said, or undo what's been done. There are so many things I'd do differently if I were given the chance to go back to a certain age. Can only dream because that won't ever happen. Have to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and hop on back into the saddle!

This might help you cheer up a bit:

Ever had someone down the hall tell you to stop talking to yourself out-loud because they can all hear you?

Ever sent a text message that was meant for someone else to the wrong person?

Have you ever stumbled (maybe even fell) in front of many people in public when the floor is actually smooth, no steps in sight, and it's not slippery?

Ever walked into an open window while not watching where you're going, even though everyone else managed NOT to walk into it?

Were you ever caught by someone, blowing kisses and winking at yourself in the mirror?

Still feel embarrassed?:b

·
Registered
329 Posts

one time i had very bad diarrhea and went to go poo in the single person public restroom at my dentists office and i guess the lock was effed up and so mid-squirt some dude comes walkin in and i'm sittin there and our eyes meet and i'm too embarrassed to say anything and so he just says sorry and closes the door. oh also there were people outside in the hall who saw me and likely got a nice sample of my diarrhea smells including a little girl who will probably need therapy some day. every word of that is true. i hope you feel better!
...holy **** man!

I'm in stitches right now! xD

·
bill philbertson
404 Posts
At least you're still young! You'll be completely over it in a couple of years and no-one will remember. It does suck though, it's happened to me and I've thought; "How can I face these people again?" One embarrassment doesn't condemn you to total rottendom though! The idea's to learn from it and make sure the same mistake doesn't happen again. Cognitive therapy is useful for stuff ups, but even in its absence time does tend to heal all wounds!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Originally Posted by iwearshirts

i'm crying :lol funny :haha

OP you're only human.. it's alright

·
Registered
135 Posts
Maybe you should do something even more embarassing, so you can stop thinking about this one ;) Anyway, it's part of life, we'll have to live with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts