Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Member of SAS
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right in the title. I can't embed any Youtube videos or pictures on my Mac. It's really annoying. Any of you guys know what might be wrong?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Which operating system you're using has nothing to do with this. If you want to embed youtube video here, copy the letters after /watch?v= and paste it inside the [_youtube][_/youtube] tag (without underscore).

For image, copy the direct link to the image and paste it inside the

·
Member of SAS
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anybody?.. I'm thinking it's the missing of a plug-in or something.

·
Member of SAS
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can at home with a desktop but not my macbook up at school. Can't figure it out. We're a bit in a pickle here Summers.

·
Querdenker
5,684 Posts
I can at home with a desktop but not my macbook up at school. Can't figure it out. We're a bit in a pickle here Summers.
Has it got something to do with memory? I could not play videos on a harddrive because the memory allocation for videos was set to zero. I changed it using "Settings".

·
Member of SAS
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have flash installed and everything. I don't know, I'll check it out hoddesdon.

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
I'm using an almost brand new Macbook that is less than 8 months old, and it works just fine. I embedded a video just last week on here.

I have no clue why you are having trouble. Maybe it's the browser? Are you using Chrome or Firefox? Have you updated the plugins, and do you have extensions that may be causing issues?

·
Member of SAS
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It may be that. Until about a week ago, I was using Firefox. I stopped because of the political thing that was going on with them (off topic.)
Turns out it was this. I guess because Chrome is a 32-bit browser and Firefox is a 64-bit. Thanks

·
Member of SAS
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's bizarre. I don't think it was that, because I just embedded a video from youtube yesterday on chrome MacOSX.

Depending on how old your computer is, it may be your computer.
I have no idea then. I just got my Macbook this past January so I think it's their latest version. It can't be that.

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
I have no idea then. I just got my Macbook this past January so I think it's their latest version. It can't be that.
Another thing is, when I copy and paste a link, it always cuts out part of the link I paste into.

Example:

[QUOTEThis is the text that I would have quoted][/QUOTE]

Which means, if you are using Chrome, you have to be vigilant that you fix that before you click submit reply. I've had problems with that and encoding youtube videos on here before with Chrome - Firefox doesn't do that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts