Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Wingin' it.
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last few months I have found it harder and harder to drive. I have had my license for over three and a half years I have never had any problems driving. About 6 months after I got my license I notice I would start to feel dizzy and unbalanced driving on the freeway or on mountain roads and overpasses. I used to be able to shrug it off. Last winter I finally began to find it impossible to drive on the highway for any time longer than a few minutes. Then I find it hard to wait at stoplights. Now I basically don't drive anywhere except on the empty back roads around where I grew up. I am confined to hitching rides, walking or taking the bus and its hard for me to get anywhere.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Interesting. I'm sorry to hear that. Does this not happen walking through a crowd? I tense up sometimes when I'm cornered between two cars infront and beside me, I become self-aware. I think this is exactly what I feel walking through a crowd of people though. Is there a lot of traffic when this happens?... Mountain roads... hmm.

·
Its dawn here
6,082 Posts
Can u belive..i have bought my two wheeler n drove only eight times since 11 months..its so scary

·
Wingin' it.
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@fredbloggs02
yes, traffic does seem to make it worse. i have never noticed crowds bothering me but when i walk on an overpass over a freeway i get similar sensations.

·
Banned
3,869 Posts
Over the last few months I have found it harder and harder to drive. I have had my license for over three and a half years I have never had any problems driving. About 6 months after I got my license I notice I would start to feel dizzy and unbalanced driving on the freeway or on mountain roads and overpasses. I used to be able to shrug it off. Last winter I finally began to find it impossible to drive on the highway for any time longer than a few minutes. Then I find it hard to wait at stoplights. Now I basically don't drive anywhere except on the empty back roads around where I grew up. I am confined to hitching rides, walking or taking the bus and its hard for me to get anywhere.
well,,, simply: u think a lot!!! u should learne how to do things without thinking! Ifelt the same some time ago,,,,,,,,,,

can u take someone with u????

·
Registered
13 Posts
Maybe it is not driving that is causing this, but a condition is causing dizziness, while driving, maybe drugs that you took that says "be careful when operating heavy machinery"

Seems dangerous, not only to you but to people around you, a doctor should help exactly what's going on

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Interesting. I have the same experience. I've driven maybe twice in the past year as a result.

Stoplights ARE the worst. I feel like I'm seeing the car back up slightly, if that makes any sense?

In 2009 I stopped driving due to a new medication that made me very slow to react. I had no interest in being a hazard. Though I'm not on the medication anymore I've lost my confidence in being able to focus. The cause for me is unclear but I do feel it's rooted in anxiety. I feel for you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This sounds like a medication problem to me.. Like when i miss a dosage of my Venlofaxin Bluefish i can drop out driving or whatever, and also get the mechanical zapping torture treatment..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts