Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not sure if this should be under the friend section but whatever. So I used to have this friend named Jack, we used to hang out all the time. We used to get along but we never really had anything in common. Whenever I wanted to talk about something that interested me, he would just get all mad and tell me to shut up. I just ignored him and moved on wit my day like it was nothing. One day I was talking to one of my other friends about WW1 (I love to learn about history) and my friend Jack just starts to rant about how much he hates history and I should too. So I just walked away minding my own business. While I was walking away I started to think hard about this stuff. All his mean comments about everything has started to grow on me and it feels like whatever I like to do, I can't do because Jack docent like to do it. Like I used to like to watch and critique movies, Jack docent like doing that so then it feels like I can't watch movies either. I also like to run, but jack docent like that so I can't run either. I just feel like I can't do what I want to do because Jack docent like to do it. Please I need help now.

·
Banned
8,934 Posts
Um...kick Jack in the sack and find another friend. You sound like an interesting person who deserves to share time with someone more appreciative.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Geez, what an annoying guy!
I guess you should start doing the things you want and like to, whatever he likes it or not. You are not there to please him, friendship is about companionship! If he complains, explain to him how you feel about it, and if he continues to do that, stop hanging out with him, because he doesn't deserve a patient and comprehensive friend like you! xD

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Anonymous. First of all i'm so sorry about how mean your friend Jack treated you. From your story, I feel like he's trying to put you down and manipulate you to make him happy. He sure is not a truth friend in my opinion. I think you can find a better friend who respect and share the same interest as you. A person like him will only make you feel worst. You should talk to him about your feeling is he consider you his friend then he will try to change and respect your point. If not then he's not worth to have as a friend.

·
Big Nerd
1,131 Posts
He's no friend, he's whiny and controlling. Leave him in the dust, and i'm sure you'll find true friends with similer interests.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts