Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can do this.

I've decided I don't want to be like this anymore. I can't let fear rule my life, its not the way I'm meant to live. I want all these wonderful things, but I can't have them.

So, I'm trying my hardest to let it all go. Let all my fears go away. That person in the car next to me looked at me weird. Oh well. I'll never see him again.

This is going to be really hard for me. Just the thought of the guy in the car, who isn't real, made my stomach churn.

I don't know how long this is going to last before I give up again. I really want to recover. I really really hate my SA.

...Wish me luck? I'm going to try. :stu

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Beautiful, that's awesome, take that motivation and energy and do something with it. What steps are you planning to take? I think it would be helpful if you wrote down (privately or publicly) your goals and all the little steps you plan to take to reach the goals. Rock on!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hm...

I didn't think of writing them down. Smart.

I've decided to pretty much let go. Not to care what anyone thinks anymore. I'm going to be more social, and try to make some decent friends, try and talk to a therapist about my depression, start wearing the clothes I want to wear and I feel comfortable in, and just let me gaurd down.

I don't know if it I'll be able to do it for long, but we'll see.

Thanks, Hopeful. :) I love your name, by the way.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Good Luck!! :hug

·
Registered
96 Posts
Best of luck! :)

·
The Awesome One!
1,023 Posts
Good luck! :)

It doesn't matter how many times you fall as long as you keep standing up. This smily illustrates this the best: :flush No matter how many times it gets flushed, it always come back up :lol

That's also the attitude that I took a long time ago and it definitely paid off. :banana

·
Registered
91 Posts
VanDamme said:
Good luck! :)

It doesn't matter how many times you fall as long as you keep standing up. This smily illustrates this the best: :flush No matter how many times it gets flushed, it always come back up :lol

That's also the attitude that I took a long time ago and it definitely paid off. :banana
that's very true and inspiring for me. Overcoming my social issues is difficult and it seems like an uphill battle. I guess one thing I can feel good about is that I keep on persisting, hoping and believing that I can get better sometime. It's frustrating that the results don't come as quickly or easily as I would like, but the good side to it is that I keep trying to become more well. I will try to remember this to keep my spirits up.

·
Registered
127 Posts
VanDamme said:
So that's what the flush smiley meant. Seroiusly i couldn't work out what it was trying to represent. :lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts