Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I learned that I actually can cope effectively with my anxiety during appointment! It was just a matter of understanding what coping means!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
choose to live life being calm and relaxed but loney or experience anxiety and stress and have meaningful relationships. tough choice. like you said in the long run you will become calmer. i hope i can choose the later. ive seen most of your video on youtube and they are pretty good.

·
Banned
347 Posts
Congrats man, I think you had a glimpse of "the observer." That is, no resistance to the feelings in your body, embracing them instead even though they're there. Great to see you making a nice stride

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,031 Posts
That was an interesting short lecture on coping. I think getting to that sort of mind frame would be of great benefit to many of us here, continued self reassurance that you're coping well by way of experience follow through is of great significance

·
Protector of the Den
15,034 Posts
Just watched your video. You had a lot of good points about not letting anxiety control you. That it is more important how you react to your anxiety than not having anxiety at all.

Thought of this quote while watching your vid

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery or fear--not absence of fear - Mark Twain

·
Fitting In Here & There
808 Posts
"Allowing anxiety to exist."...That's a great line!

And that's exactly what I did last night when I went to a Recovery Inc meeting for the first time. In the car on the way there I said to myself "Anxiety is normal. It's ok that I'm nervous. They aren't going to reject me just because I'm nervous!"

It really is easier to accept the fact that we have anxiety rather than trying to totally annihilate it through will power or drugs, alcohol, etc. Those things don't work anyway and sometimes backfire and make it worse by giving a person even more anxiety.

Glad I watched your video. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts