Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am scared about getting another boyfriend, I want someone who will not make fun of me who I can feel on the same level as and I want them to be homely. I fear they will turn out different than I thought and I will get hurt again. :( it's so difficult.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I'm sorry you've been hurt in the past. Don't be scared, but be cautious. Just don't rush into anything. When you find someone just take your time and really get to know them before you commit.

Yeah it is difficult, especially with sa. But someone good will come along eventually.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Like if I had a boyfriend I'd expect him to think I was hot and compliment my looks, with my ex he made it obvious he thought they were more attractive (the people he had been viewing in my absence. If you get my drift.) Apart from the other people and the comments about my looks he subtly there wasn't much wrong with him.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
This is the risk you take when dating, perhaps you are getting to emotionally invested early on in the relationship, when was the last time you were seeing some one?

Like if I had a boyfriend I'd expect him to think I was hot and compliment my looks, with my ex he made it obvious he thought they were more attractive (the people he had been viewing in my absence. If you get my drift.) Apart from the other people and the comments about my looks he subtly there wasn't much wrong with him.
It could be that he was just trying to make you jealous? If some one is going out with you its obvious that they would find you attractive in some way.

·
Optimism Prime~
7,122 Posts
I've read some of your threads lonelygirl and if you are indeed single right now, why not work on yourself and your self esteem. No partner means no responsibilities and more time to dedicate to it.

You seem to be constantly looking for happiness in the form of other people (mainly boyfriends) which is not working and making you more stressed out. Hapiness comes from within - as cheesy as that sounds - but it's true.

·
Banned
2,375 Posts
People's emotions wear out over time. Just because he found others more attractive doesn't mean he had something against you.

Feelings are natural. We don't control them. As you get older, men's emotions calm down so you'll find more commitment, but women's emotions excite, so you'll be less willing to commit.

Also, a lot of men today are confused over how to treat women in accordance with feminism. Some feminists don't want women treated as beauty objects who are appreciated for their personality. Other feminists want women to be empowered by their looks and taken light-heartedly.

It's a confusing world. You might want to communicate more explictly with future partners so they understand your expectations in a relationship more accurately.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is a strange situation, I was secure with him in all the other ways but not the looks thing. I felt belittled. I knew he loved me romantically. Everyone thinks I should work on my self esteem but I just wish he could of thought more of me physically like he did the other people. I didn't think he'd be like that. I think he was immature when it came to sex :( it feels like he had me because I was just there and wanted carry on his old lifestyle or something because I didn't cut it looks wise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts