Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been on this website before to help with some of my social anxiety problems but I have finally decided to make an account because I realize I need some kind of support somewhere or my life will completely fall apart. I can't talk to people, I have trouble even talking to my friends and I get annoyed when people can't understand me but it is my fault for not being able to communicate well. I can't even post on Facebook without getting nervous. I'm feeling anxious now because of the fear no one will reply to this post.I was diagnosed, sort of, with social anxiety about 3 years ago and no one took it too seriously. My dad just thought it was fear of public speaking. My social anxiety has just gotten worse since.
Someone I really liked and wanted to get to know better left before I could get to know them better. I have been slightly depressed and pushing people away but I now do not know how to reverse pushing them away. I have been driving for about six months and also feel anxious about that constantly, because everytime I drive and my sister is in the car and I am in the wrong lane or make a mistake she laughs at me. This happens quite often and I get really anxious and no one seems to understand this.
I am starting college soon and I fear that I will not be able to make new friends. I am sorry this post is so long.

·
Lost in time
86 Posts
Long post? Naw, not long enough, I'm here if you want to talk. =)

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Hey Underdog!

It's great that you've identified your problem so young and want to work on it. There's plenty of people here who understand what you're going through, so you can always post anytime you need advice or just to vent. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dear Underdog

Hi there. I understand exactly what you're experiencing and have experienced. Anxiety is one of those things that just don't go away. Do not ever blame yourself. About three years ago, I had experienced depression. I thought that when I overcame it, my health would be just like it once was. But since, I have experienced many feelings such as lack of energy, doubt, self-pity, and fearfulness. My doctor prescribed me many types of medication. I found that they all helped. I recently came off due to the fact that I don't want my happiness to be dependent on it. I know there is a happy part inside of all of us and we must do whatever it takes to find it. I have many things planned, a writing class, volunteering, and going to college as well. Try to spend time breathing. Find that quiet time for yourself and focus on the simplest thing, your breath. Someone really important in my life left too. Its hard when you build up feelings to realize that they wouldn't be there when you needed them most. The most important thing is to worry about bettering yourself. Do everything that makes you happy. Take walks, take an exercise class with your friends, dance, spend time with the family. Try to talk about positive things when with people. I talk about my problems all the time, without even realizing it and my mom looks like she wants to choke me. :D My anxiety has gone so far that I don't like going out by myself. Your anxiety will soon fade. You are stronger than you think. We cannot be in control of everything, so lets just be calm. God will take care of the rest. Keep your head up high. Feel free to message me. Just to let you know, I was super anxious writing this. lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I understand exactly how you feel! I have the same anxiety about posting on FB! I even told my husband, who of course doesn't understand, and he said it was silly. But, it's not silly at all. I am trying to get my anxiety under control, but the meds I've tried thus far are making things worse than better. Maybe eventually they'll find my "perfect dose" and I'll be better. I can also relate to your family blowing off your feelings. I called my mom (who I usually talk to all the time!) and even SHE basically blew me off this morning when I told her how bad I was feeling. We can't help that we were born this way, but we can do things to help ourselves heal. I'm now just trying to figure out how to do that. I hope you feel better soon! You're not alone!

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Underdog16! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts