Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a student majoring in Occupational Therapy, and we have to do a 6 mth intership where a supervisor basically watches over you the entire time. I am having SO MUCH trouble because I hate having her watch me, I just freeze with the patients, and they basically told me if I dont change I have to drop myself from the program until I figure my "issues" out. I am also insecure about my knowledge, have anxiety, social insecurity and all that so I am not having an easy time, who knew your mind could mess you up this much. Does anyone have any advice, I have to pass, December 2 is my last day. Would any meds help me? Thanks. ;)

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Sounds like performance anxiety to me. I have had this from time to time. When I am having a "moment" I try and focus really hard on the task at hand and block out or ignore everything else. ITs hard and takes alot of practice. Try looking up performance anxiety on the internet and see if you can find an article on it to help you cope. I am on Effexor and it takes the edge off the anxiety. Is seeing a counselor an option for you? I was told by mine that performance anxiety is a part of SAD in that you fear you are being judged critically while you are doing something or performing. I wish you luck. Hang in there. :hug

1 - 2 of 2 Posts