Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and I am scared too death. The negative thoughts are coming. Butterflies galore in my stomach. No saliva. Sweating. Stomach pains.

I am going to be meeting all my neighbors. I have not been to a party in years years.

I took 1 1/2 klonopin. but I am still nervous. Gawd. Ok.

I will tell you how it went afterwards. Did I tell you I am sweating? How about it I just don't go. I can't drink and klonopin helps a lot but not enough.

:hide

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Are you still here? Go get out of the house meet some new people and kick SA's butt, you can do it! :boogie

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did it

I went and actually had fun. Thank god for those few outgoing people who make you feel welcome. Talked to some interesting people. We are all a bunch of ragtag wallywags so it makes it less stressful. I live in a unique community. Which helps because everyone is kind of weird. When someone would ask me what I did occassionally I felt like a deer in headlights and I couldn't get the words out. One guy kept staring at me from across the room and it was freaking me out but I ignored him. All in all I am glad I went and now I know that my neighbors are just human like me and they will not murder me in my sleep. lol. But I am more then relieved to be home in my bed.

I never smile so I hope I didn't look like a witch. I laughed. THat counts for something. Doesn't it. When I try to smile when I am nervous I feel like I look like a crazy person because it is totally forced. So I prefer not to.

Everyone else has their beer and wine and I have klonopin. It helps take the razors edge off. I did notice the moment a guy shows up that might be single and I might be attracted my fear level intensifies to 200%. Probably why I will be single the rest of my life.

I am glad. It is a major big deal for me. After spending more then a decade as total hermit. Thanks guys! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Awesome, nice to hear you had a good time.

·
Banned
2,265 Posts
Go and don't worry, meat new people..you'll have fun trust me :D
Tell us how it goes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts