Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been taking 100mg of trazadone to sleep for atleast 4 years and 20mg of celexa each morning both for social anxiey. The problem I am facing is that the trazadone is not working now, for example it is 4am and I took my pill at 9pm, and an hour later took my 0.5mg of clonazapam....I should be out like a light and here I am knowing that I need to be up early and cannot sleep. I actually am wondering if I should find another medication that I would only have to take at nigh to sleep that would also benefit the social anxiety. My doctor is approachable at times and yet other times is so overloaded with work that he seems different, like tired and lethargic. I live in a small town so this means that trying to seek out a Pshychiatrist is like waiting for christmas to come..so I am hoping that someone that has found a medication that helps both my sleeping and social anxiey can suggest anything else...it would be so much easier to take one medication. The trazadone really helps with the social anxiety, just not sleep anymore. I cannot see taking the celexa and will talk to the doctor about weaning offf of it. Please....can some one out there help!!

anything would be appreciated

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
I live in a small town so this means that trying to seek out a Pshychiatrist is like waiting for christmas to come..
Who says it must be a psychiatrist? I'd dare to bet that most sleep aids are prescribed by GPs as are most SSRIs.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
You might get more responses if you posted this in our Medication forum rather than the First Step forum. Good luck I hope you get the help you're looking for.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Hiya puffywan, welcome to the forums :)

I'm sorry you're having trouble sleeping. I don't know what to suggest regarding medication for sleeping, i'm sure there'll be others here who can better suggest something, but have you tried meditation? It has really helped me in the past.

Hope you're well,

Steve :)

·
Losing Ground
2,121 Posts
Other than trazadone, the only other medication I have ever tried for insomnia that works long-term is seroquel. But that can have some very serious side effects. I've also been on Ambien and Lunesta and they are great but you develop a tolerance really quickly.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Puffywan! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts