Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have to go to a dinner party tonight that my fiance invited me to. I am terrifed. I have gone before and seriously just stood there the whole time smiling while everyone else was talking, laughing and joking around. I look like a freaking idiot just standing there. I was going to tell my fiance that I am sick so I don't have to go, but he really wants me to. I flaked on a Halloween Party that he invited me to. I really wanted to go and bought a costume then freaked out a couple hours before and ended up staying home crying because I really wanted to go. Has anyone else experienced this? How did you cope?

·
In 'da 707
4,382 Posts
Hmmm if i was in that situation i'd prolly just go, and if anyone wanted to question me about my quietness or something i'd tell them the truth. I know it can be embarrassing to admit you have an anxiety disorder, but I figure if they are gonna judge then they aren't worth my time. Forget what they're thinking. You're doing the best you can.

·
Registered
290 Posts
you have to go and try to have a good time, but don't pressure yourself. most people will be too busy to notice you're not talking much. plus if they ask say something like, "it takes me a while to warm up to people"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts