Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
OMG
237 Posts
I've found meditation and mindfulness good for easing anxiety. Whenever I'm at work I try to turn every moment into a chance to meditate, by focusing on my breath or some sensation, like my feet touching the ground while walking.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sounds very intresting. Got any good websites or anything to check out? It seems there is alot about meditation and I really wanna find something that makes sense if Im gonna spend time on it.

I did try mindfulness-classes once but it did not made much sense to me and I lost intrest quickly.... But Im ready to give meditation all this stuff a chance again as it clearly is good for you.

·
Banned
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@ermor

It is common for people with anxiety disorders to stop meditating.Reason> Anxiety shows up in meditation too. But the answer lies in persistence.

Meditation is so difficult without a proper base to start with. I do Vipassana(breath and later sensation)...but had great difficulty in beginning as i was not following the 5 precepts as given in Buddhism that give a good base for some tranquility(not permanent but of great help), from where you can go ahead.

Initially guidance from an experienced meditation teacher is very important. All the doubts and blocks can be answered only by good teachers. I can help you get in touch with one who has helped me greatly and still does.

·
Its dawn here
6,082 Posts
Mate can u just post a few quotes if possible..

·
Banned
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mate can u just post a few quotes if possible..
See the real nature of mind and body...there will be no fear.

Raj..the secret lies in Ignoring all the thoughts that are creating the anxiety. There is no reality to those thoughts but we believe them. Instead be with Breath or sensation which are the absolute reality of the present moment. You wont get rolled in those "thoughts" and come out of "Fear".

If you want to know why observe breath/sensation..i can provide you answers.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thats really great! Meditation and breathing are so helpful to me.. and when I found mindfulness it was life changing it really helps to change thoughts and get your focus on something else. Congrats! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts