Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Waiting For Time
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, My name is Benjamin.

I'm 17, whittling my way out of high school. Im looking for a job while devising a plan to move away with my girlfriend for college this year. I am going to be an auto-mechanic and hopefully run a garage doing turbocharger installations and maybe building entire engines. However, I am what is referred to as an "at-risk student." The reason fo this is not that i'm lazy orthat im too distracted, it is simply that I am not interested in pen-and-paper learning methods. I like to work with my hands.

The reason I am on here is that, simply put, I am lonely all day. You see, my girlfriend had moved in with me for about a month because her parents kicked her out, accusing her of being a druggy(far from true). She came and stayed with me and while she was here she got a job. Things got rough for her, getting to and from work seeing as how her parents kept her car. Her parents wanted her o move back in and she wasn't ready because she didn't think tings would be different, but they used her car as kind of an ace in the hole. So she moved out and I didn't think it would be too bad, I still see her in class and sometimes on weekends.

Anyone who understands the situation also knows that going from seeing someone 128 out of 168 hours a week to seeing them about 8-10 hours a week is just a drop. It feels like we hardly see each other now, it's hard to sleep without her, hard to do anything without her, and waking up without her is just a drag. Yeah, we see each other, but the transition from seeing her all day to seeing her occasionally was just too quick for me. About 3 days in fact, and I had just gotten settled into her working most of the day.

Essentially, Im just here because I need someone to talk to. To help me pass the time, maybe help perk up my mood a little, make the day seem less hellish.

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, Electrolytix! :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Hello and welcome. Many people need someone to talk to around the forums. I think you will find it helpful to give positive advise and comfort when you read about someone who's having a tough time like you.

·
F♯ A♯ ∞
455 Posts
I like to work with my hands too :) ive finished a uni degree but im willing it put it behind me and pursue my dream of carpentry and building with timber.
Good luck with your endeavours :)

Welcome to SAS

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Benjamin, welcome to :sas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts