Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an "open book", people can read my every thought without me saying anything.

This just started happening a week ago and its getting worse, can somebody help me.

·
Registered
177 Posts
you might have to provide a tad more details?

what type of situation is this happening in? home, work, school?
who does it involve? friends, family, strangers?
what type of comments are they making??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it happens everywhere, I can be driving by somebody and think thats a nice car and they can look at me and know exactly was thinking without saying anything.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
With the way some people act (mannerisms, facial expressions, etc) it's just easy to tell how they feel about something or what's on their mind.

What bothers you about it though?

·
Registered
177 Posts
it happens everywhere, I can be driving by somebody and think thats a nice car and they can look at me and know exactly was thinking without saying anything.
okay. so when these situations happen, does the person actually tell you what you were thinking, or are you just assuming they know what you are thinking.

if they are really telling you outloud - then i have no idea, that is pretty [email protected] weird.

if you are just assuming they know what you are thinking then it sounds like paranoia

·
Registered
161 Posts
Maybe you just give off those types of facial expressions that say everything. Not saying that you shouldn't show emotion but you might just show an exaggerated face that makes your thoughts obvious if that makes any sense.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
okay. so when these situations happen, does the person actually tell you what you were thinking, or are you just assuming they know what you are thinking.

if they are really telling you outloud - then i have no idea, that is pretty [email protected] weird.

if you are just assuming they know what you are thinking then it sounds like paranoia
they tell me what im thinking. I think in my head the card is an ace they tell me i just said the card is an ace. no words coming from my mouth.

·
Registered
177 Posts
they tell me what im thinking. I think in my head the card is an ace they tell me i just said the card is an ace.
oh ok, that is pretty strange. i don't know, but i am sure someone else has dealt with it, don't worry.

as for not thinking your thoughts and letting them come to you, every time i try that i end up thinking more! which sucks. if you figure out how to do it let me know! :)

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,301 Posts
I've had this happen before, I think it's all body language based. Some people's body language is easily interpreted by those who are more socially at ease. It is rather discomforting though, it in no way makes me more talkative or social, it just makes me want to withdraw more

·
The Phoenix
381 Posts
Hey there are worse things. I think so fast 99% of the time I'm completely random. People typically have NO idea what I'm going to do next. That is usually bittersweet.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I don't know this sounds like baloney to me. I think you're just thinking they know what you're thinking. I've never heard of people knowing someone's thoughts. Sure, maybe sometimes they can get an idea what you're thinking, but they can't know for sure. I think, you're just thinking they know, that's what's bugging ya.

Maybe you should ask yourself, do you know what they're thinking? Some random person. There's no way. No way. Maybe sometimes psychic or coincidence or it's obvious and they're guessing right, but generally, your thoughts are your own, my man (assuming you're a guy here-ooh! how did I know?! just my sense).

Take it easy, everyone can not read your mind.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts