Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I let this stupid week get to me. It's been a really tough week and I let it really get to me. Then while chatting with a friend, I started to feel even worse and I ended up cutting myself. I didn't even notice untill it was already done. I am so ****ed up and stupid and that's why I am now and forever going to be alone. Who could ever love something like this. Why do I always end up going back to cutting?

·
Registered
546 Posts
I'm sorry you had such a rough week. People can love people who aren't perfect. Maybe look into what might be causing you to turn to cutting yourself, and what about it draws you in. I don't really have experience with cutting, so hopefully that doesn't sound too stupid. I hope this next week goes better for you.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Try2livefree,

Basically, you are hitting old code in certain situations (I work with computers as you can tell). In other words, a new situation with no new way to deal with it means you returned to a familiar behavior to cope. You should not beat yourself up over it, just learn from a mistake (fix the code). That way, if this exact thing happens again, you will find a new way to get through it. This kind of thing take time, so just go one step at a time. You will make it through this. :yes

·
Registered
311 Posts
And you might want to consider this - cutting yourself leaves scares - even if you get better those are always going to be there as a reminder. Do you really want that? They are also a big sign to others that don't know you - I have mental health issues - see here is the proof. Would you stand on a platform and announce that you have mental health issues? Why would you want to label yourself?

I think mellenium is right - try finding a new coping mechanism - maybe take karate lessons, a sport or something to release some of that frustration and pent up hurt and anger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts