Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i kinda feel that my SA makes me a bad person people tell me i am ignored and i want people to think the way i do,i am self centred,and that i hate people even though i never realy tried to get to know the(the loud,outgoing,popular, people) and stuff like that what ya think?

·
Banned
60 Posts
Just joking. You know you aren't bad so why tell yourself this? Its just another excuse to feel sorry for yourself and blame it on sa. If you truly thought you were a bad person, then you would not have become annoyed that I agreed with you.

·
Banned
501 Posts
i kinda feel that my SA makes me a bad person people tell me i am ignored and i want people to think the way i do,i am self centred,and that i hate people even though i never realy tried to get to know the(the loud,outgoing,popular, people) and stuff like that what ya think?
To be a bad person, you would have to only do bad things. I don't think there has been one person on this earth who has only done bad actions. I don't even think there has been one person on this earth who has only done good actions.

Also, how do we determine if an action is good or bad? Personally, I think we do that by seeing if the action helps us to obtain a goal. For instance, promptly starting on doing your college assignments is good because it helps you to pass your courses. Procrastinating on the other hand is bad because it prevents you from passing courses with the highest grade you can get.

For me, saying that a person is either good or bad is like saying a person is nothing more than a means to an end. Their skills and abilities maybe so, but not their whole person-hood.

You are neither good nor bad, you are just a complex and fallible human being like everyone else. Your actions and beliefs may be judged, but not your whole self.

·
PreciousGleamingMcNugget
5,593 Posts
I feel the same way a lot.

Like when someone asks me how I am or compliments me and I wasn't expecting them to talk to me, I freeze and don't ask them how they are/compliment them back, and I feel rude. And I'm really uncomfortable getting presents for people I don't know well, even though I really want to get things for them because they've always been so nice to me.

I also hate people for no reason, although I don't try to. I try to ignore the outgoing/popular people because they're just different creatures. I try not to blame them for making me feel inferior.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts