Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been off work for a month going back in a week.I know most likely everything is fine but i'm freaking out about it already and literally making myself crazy.Thoughts of who is saying or thinking what about me,will it be a wreck,will i be transfered somewhere else.I wish i could not worry so much about it like most "normal" people would be able to.Any helpful hints suggestions? thanks:)

·
Permanently Baned
2,594 Posts
Was it paid or unpaid leave/temporary layoff? Either way, you can play the "I didn't give a flying F" for a while card and ease back in. If it was unpaid leave, then say F it, it's not like you were paid to care and things will happen.

As for the paranoia about people talking about you, don't know of any answers to that. I have bad days just because people at work won't even say Hi to me in the hallway as if they don't know me, but what comes around goes around and they wouldn't mind if your gene line went extinct anyway.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i always expect the worst

It's paid time off doctor pulled me outta work and has me on new medication that is working much better.I'll be going back alot better than i was previously yet i still worry what others will think and what not.I know i really should'nt care yet i still worry somewhat.Wish i could be like alot of people and just say f it and whatever.

·
Permanently Baned
2,594 Posts
Time off is time off period ! :). If it makes you feel any better,
I took about 3 months off combinaation paid and unpaid leave because I was so weary of people at work hating me for various reasons imagined and unimagined.

Just think how many well compensated people at work are shooting the breeze while you are stuck giving yourself a hard time. For example, I am well compensated (work for a bank that's flushed with money) and either attend 20 hours of useless board meetings per week (where people just keep each other entertained and rubbed) or skip 20 hours of work a week because I dread going into work and am paralyzed after I wake up.

Give yourself a huge break and think of how the rich get shamelessly rich. I'm not advocating loose morals (to justify my potentially illegal white collar crime behavior), but you are human. I know it's easier said than done because the days I skip work I'm sitting at home catatonic for hours thinking about how my coworkers are mad at me.

Last week, I went into work after skipping a whole week, and I think just showing up helped. However, some people who are politically against me gave the the cold shoulder making me relapse into feelings of persecution.

Hope some of this helps. I'm really in the same boat. All that I have to offer is I'm in my 30s and have this same recurring pattern happen to me for years and copy and paste year after year until F it I have nearly a million bucks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah thanks i need to just keep thinking of how good i really do have it and not let work drive me crazy.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts