Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Would you ever get a hysterectomy and/or oophorectomy? Why or why not?

• Yes

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Maybe/Not sure

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Never thought about this before

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a guy just creeping this thread 'cause I'm curious :P

Votes: 2 20.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently come to the conclusion that I will most likely never gain the opportunity to have children and have a proper family, as I have fantasized about having since I was a child. Since I am having so much trouble just managing to get a date, how will I ever manage to find a husband or even just a SO to procreate with?

I'm not that old but have already had my period for more than half my life, and I realize now it seems a rather pointless procedure for me. If there was a way I could give my child-bearing abilities to those unable to reproduce at all or at least easily, I would do so because it is unfair they should have to struggle with that while people like me who possess those abilities can't use them and it goes to waste.

Despite the health risks involved I would opt to have an hysterectomy and/or oophorectomy done to end my useless routine of monthly menstruation when I am pretty much certain I will never actually make use of these bodily functions for the purpose intended. Why keep suffering every month as well as have that constant reminder of my limitations socially in this area?

Is this just me or has anyone ever felt this way? This question is mainly for females obviously.

·
is trying.
714 Posts
I'll never use my reproductive organs, but having them out outweighs the bother of having periods and PMS for the next thirty years in terms of scariness.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I thought I'd never have children, but things changed and I do have a child. While I'm not saying your situation would change, for me, there couldn't be a high enough degree of certainty to make such a permanent decision.

Have you looked into other ways to manage menstruation? Something like the injection, implant or coil might help.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
I don't know what an oophorectomy is. That doesn't sound too good. It's like an "OOPS" surgery.

·
In 'da 707
4,382 Posts
No, but if I had health ins., i'd get on one of those birth control methods that makes u only have a few periods a year. I hate menstrual cramps. Some periods, i'm totally debilitated for a day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts