Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, bizarre I know, but my brain does that sometimes!

We'd probably say things like "look at that freak talking to that person!", or "You'd probably go further in life if you just learned to keep to yourself more!"

I think the world population would be a fraction of what it is today - it's hard to reproduce if no one wants to speak to each other.

Extroverts have pretty much run things up till now, how would it be if the tables were turned?

Any opinions on the subject?

·
Banned
728 Posts
Interesting. I think it would be easier for me to live, because people wouldn't urge me to go out all the time.

But on the other hand, not alot of people that are introverted talk that much.

I am a bit of a talker (i'm always worried i annoy people on these forums because i post so much).

So i feel it would probably be a slight improvement if the world was introvert dominant.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Honestly, I think it would be tougher to be an extrovert in an introvert-dominated society than the other way around.

I don't think it would be as if "no one talks to each other," socialization would just be emphasized in different ways. Strangers could talk to each other without feeling much pressure to have an "instant rapport" with someone.

·
PreciousGleamingMcNugget
5,593 Posts
We'd all get a lot more damn sleep, that's for sure.

·
immortal in the making
820 Posts
better, would be my initial opinion. but it depends on how far back the introversion dominance had it's grip. my head has too much going through it to be able to type all my ideas!! argh!! i'll sleep on it for now, and calm my brain down. i'm getting too excited with the butterfly effect. mmwah ha ha haaaaa!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
It would be like living in a world of barons von somethings, each scheming in their respective study rooms while serfs maintain their ginormous estates.

Very civilised, non?

·
anhedonic
2,005 Posts
Well, I'd just feel better about life and myself. It would make me feel less alone. Though I know there are others like me out there, I don't see them.

·
Registered
315 Posts
In the Old World I would not be surprised if that was the case in higher social circles.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maybe extroverted people would have to hide in the shadows just to have chat for fear of being scorned by society.

Perhaps they would seek the help of (introverted) doctors who would prescribe all sorts of medications for their obviously detrimental "condition".

Maybe my cynicism would greatly subside...

·
Registered
315 Posts
In traditional Chinese society it is frowned upon to speak without being called to in a formal environment. That breeds introvertedness and also social anxiety (is the boss/teacher/mistress watching?)

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
Heh, they'd have the run of the world!

·
Registered
257 Posts
I think it would be great. People would listen more and get more done.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts