Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am constantly, everyday, regardless of amount of sleep or amount/type of food eaten, etc. always dizzy. I always feel lightheaded and as if I am on the verge of fainting. I also have trouble concentrating, with a very fuzzy mind and a bad memory. my hands tremble often and I am easily physically drained. I feel weak most of the time.

I often have an intense urge to eat sugary things, even though I don't the taste of sugar (it burns my mouth, kind of), I still crave it. People are always getting annoyed at me because i have bad balance and walk into people all the time (drift over "into the next lane" ha when i am walking). I am always so tired. I thought it was normal to be tired when you wake up. I cannot remember feeling truly awake. Sometimes my vision kind of dims/sparkle and i feel like im fainting and my head kind of spins, and then i'm fine. :S

The problem is, these "symtoms" are applicable to both hypoglycemia and to (social) anxiety disorders.

I fit most of the symptoms for hypoglycemia, but I am overweight (i thought that hypo's were skinny) and diabetes runs in my family (may just be the way they lived though).

Do you guys get these feelings too or should i be concerned?

·
Daydreaming
586 Posts
It could be hypoglycemia, my mom has it, and I might, not sure yet. I would be a little concerned, especially with the way you are feeling.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have those same symptoms and have gotten myself checked several times, for both hypoglycemia and hypothyroid actually, and everything is negative.

The best thing to do as far as I have found, is to eat very regularly. And to never have a very high in carb meal. I used to be really weird and eat just a bowl of mashed potatoes for dinner-- bad! It would make my sugars drop a few hours later and I would get really dizzy.

I was also told by a diabetic friend to try drinking some OJ (with or without a tiny bit of sugar mixed in) when I was dizzy... and in a few minutes I would be fine. However, I always got dizzy in the afternoons around the same time, so it was fairly easy to tell me issue was with foods I had or hadn't been eating.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok. Thanks guys :). I will try to focus on eating more regulary and eating real food instead of ****. Maybe that will help.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I have those same symptoms and have gotten myself checked several times, for both hypoglycemia and hypothyroid actually, and everything is negative.
Study suggests 'type 3 diabetes'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4315609.stm

Unlike other types of diabetes, the form - dubbed type 3 by the US Brown Medical School team - is not thought to affect blood sugar.

Type 3 affects brain insulin levels, and appears to be linked with Alzheimer's disease.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont know this might be more related to us if it is real.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have hypoglycemia. At first they thought I had diabetes. I got tested and turns out it was hypoglycemia. My doctor suggested I eat 6 small meals a day instead of three, and healthy snacks in between. If I do not eat over a long period of time I get dizzy, get a headache, get really really mean.

·
unashamed perv
1,786 Posts
What you've described doesn't sound much like SA to me, though I am just a random internet person not in possession of all the facts ;) Sounds like there is definitely something wrong though - I would try following a low GI diet, and asking a doctor. And if one doctor fobs you off, get a second opinion!

·
Registered
10,523 Posts
I am constantly, everyday, regardless of amount of sleep or amount/type of food eaten, etc. always dizzy. I always feel lightheaded and as if I am on the verge of fainting. I also have trouble concentrating, with a very fuzzy mind and a bad memory. my hands tremble often and I am easily physically drained. I feel weak most of the time.

I often have an intense urge to eat sugary things, even though I don't the taste of sugar (it burns my mouth, kind of), I still crave it. People are always getting annoyed at me because i have bad balance and walk into people all the time (drift over "into the next lane" ha when i am walking). I am always so tired. I thought it was normal to be tired when you wake up. I cannot remember feeling truly awake. Sometimes my vision kind of dims/sparkle and i feel like im fainting and my head kind of spins, and then i'm fine. :S

The problem is, these "symtoms" are applicable to both hypoglycemia and to (social) anxiety disorders.

I fit most of the symptoms for hypoglycemia, but I am overweight (i thought that hypo's were skinny) and diabetes runs in my family (may just be the way they lived though).

Do you guys get these feelings too or should i be concerned?
I suffer from hypoglycemia and I am not skinny. I am a little overweight. If I don't eat every 4 hours I get the tremors, sweat, and crabby. But you are having it constantly. You should get your thyroid checked. Thyroid problems can cause lots of problems.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have hypoglycemia and have been tested and diagnosed.

I also get very dizzy when having panic attacks and anxiety.

The main difference is that when my blood sugar drops (when I don't eat 6 small meals a day and avoid sugar) I am prone to fainting.

I never faint from anxiety or panic, just feel that way. It's really a completely different feeling for me than low blood sugar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts