Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the age of 51 I have finally recognised that my lack of confidence, shyness, fear etc that has been with me all my life has picked up a notch to what can now only be labled as SA. Work has become a constant decision of fight or flight. Intellectually I know alot of the reasons for the SA e.g. childhood events etc which makes me feel even more frustated that I can't overcome this. For goodness sake, how many years can things that happened in your childhood keep effecting you. I envy people who have a 'normal' degree of courage and confidence so much. Anyway I'm not telling any of you something you dont already know. My question I guess is, does anything help, has anything helped? Your views would be appreciated.

·
Banned
497 Posts
At the age of 51 I have finally recognised that my lack of confidence, shyness, fear etc that has been with me all my life has picked up a notch to what can now only be labled as SA. Work has become a constant decision of fight or flight. Intellectually I know alot of the reasons for the SA e.g. childhood events etc which makes me feel even more frustated that I can't overcome this. For goodness sake, how many years can things that happened in your childhood keep effecting you. I envy people who have a 'normal' degree of courage and confidence so much. Anyway I'm not telling any of you something you dont already know. My question I guess is, does anything help, has anything helped? Your views would be appreciated.
what has helped me is combining cbt, hypnosis, nlp, timeline therapy and thinkrightnow together .

the things i think could help you are :

*overcoming shyness and social axiety by gillian butler.
*the shyness and social anxiety workbook by richard p swinson
*''coquering social anxiety'' www.thinkrightnow.com
*no more shyness, no more self conciousness and no more blushing hypnosis cds www.empoweringsounds.com
*vaguishing anxiety in 24 hours - cd set www.changethatsrightnow.com
*have a look at the nlp communication model (just google it )

1 - 2 of 2 Posts