Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could this possibly cause SA? I know its a stretch, but im desperate to find another cause for feeling so awful. I went to the doctor and told them about my feelings. I got the standard pre-therapy checkup to check for hyperthyroidism and other stuff that can cause anxiety. The only thing they noticed was that my blood sugar level was really really low. The weird thing was I had had breakfast an hour before my checkup. I am pretty light for my age. I think the only reason I am not under 110 lbs at 16 years old and 6 ft tall is because i work out regularly (i am 140 lbs.). Also, when my SA kicks in, I feel the exact same thing in my stomach when im hungry. For most of my early high school and middle school career I would not eat breakfast. Over the summer, sometimes I would skip a meal simply because it was too much effort (I was really lazy). For some reason, feeling hungry just didn't bother me. Now that SA feels like being hungry kinda, I can't stand it. If i don't have breakfast in the morning, I feel like im gunna die.

Could my past eating habits, or my extremely fast metabolism have possibly caused my anxiety?

·
Registered
43 Posts
You eat too many carbs. You might have hypoglycemia. All sorts of problems can be caused by large amounts of carbohydrates. Cut out sugars, breads, potatoes, and beans. Eat vegetables, meat, fruit, and nuts. Peanuts and cashews are not nuts. That's the paleolithic diet, and it's working so far for me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.