Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does your mind look like?
It could be anything! A bus, the moon, Chinese food containers....​

This is going to sound a little silly but just go with it.

I think mine looks like a flower garden! There are daffodils (of course), and rusty pink roses, and lilies, and white hydrangeas, and wild lilacs, and honeysuckles, irises, tulips....
There are willow trees and peach trees.
There are cactus plants.
And there's a lake nearby.
Sometimes there are floods and the garden has to be rebuilt again but most of the time everything magically takes care of itself...because it's my mind and I told it to.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I like the sound of what your mind looks like. I think mine is a desert with the occasional tumble weed blowing across it.

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
A hamster spinning on a wheel

·
Lost
275 Posts
A mix of random song lyrics and general SA related thoughts all floating about aimlessly. Though, I wish it was more like yours TheDaffodil :]

·
Registered
307 Posts
Mine would probably look like an empty room with no doors, just
one window in which I could just sit there and watch my life go by.

·
Registered
527 Posts
A bowl of tiramisu. It's sweet, but probably not all that healthy. :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
A thick mist that can't be cleared, I can hear and generally sense everything around me, but all I can see is this mist, no matter how hard I try to see what is around me, I can't.

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
It's a swamp, with black water, alligators, dragonflies, turtles, snakes, green duckweed, and spanish moss hanging from the trees. And my boat has sunk.

·
Banned
322 Posts
If I try to imagine what my mind looks like, the only image that comes to...er...mind, is that which I see when I close my eyes. Namely, a big empty space with some colours floating around.

For humorous purposes though, I would have preferred to just say that my mind looked like a dead goat chained to a fence-post with some flies buzzing around over it.

Physically, my mind is a mixture of grey and red and pink and purple things called neurons which look a little bit like fungal spores.

That is all.

·
Registered
718 Posts
A dingy empty warehouse with poor lighting. And sometimes...intermitted with a frolick in the meadows.

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
My mind looks like a metro station, or maybe a maglev. Everything's going fast, fast, fast and things are rushing by and the workers are far too slow to keep up with the constant influx of people and trains flying by.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,108 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mine is a futuristic city with tall city spires reaching up into the clouds. There are many walkways spanning the gaps between buildings, with flying cars zipping about and people with lab coats crossing from building to building. This city is protected by a massive shield preventing travellers from other cities from getting in and learning the intricacies of this self sufficient society. From the outside of this protective shield the landscape looks very drab and dull, not really worth exploring; uninteresting. Little do the observers know that it's just a facade; a type of protection from the fear that outsiders will be put off or horrified by what the find inside. This is an irrational fear at best. The inhabitants of this city hope that one day they can find the courage to lower the shield and allow everyone to see and experience the true wonders that are held within.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would love to be in your mind, TheDaffodil, it sounds very pretty! And extremely relaxing.

PolarBear's sounds nice as well, as long as I'm in the city that doesn't allow others in, and not trying to get inside. Then it wouldn't be very fun.

My mind is probably something random and slightly chaotic. Full of glitter, fabric scraps, empty spools of thread. Some random unusually tiny squirrels running rampant, chasing after pumpkin-sized walking cupcakes. Something like that maybe?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts