Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a laptop which I was very happy with. About 12 days ago, I noticed it wasnt charging with the plug in. The little light didnt come on indicating charging. After a lengthy discussion with HP Total Care Chat, I was told I would get a new plug within a week. Now, 12 days later, I had to email them to let them I didnt get it. I was told they "dont have a date" for when it will be shipped as there has been "great demand" for this adapter. I havent been able to use this laptop I paid over $500 for 12 days and I am furious that no one seems to know when I can use it again (power was done to under 20% so I havent even turned it on for days). I even got a phone call from some "manager" who apologized but didnt know squat. I dont know what to do. This doesnt seem fair. I have always loved HP but this is bull****. Any ideas on how to get somewhere with them????

·
Registered
263 Posts
So I bought a laptop which I was very happy with. About 12 days ago, I noticed it wasnt charging with the plug in. The little light didnt come on indicating charging. After a lengthy discussion with HP Total Care Chat, I was told I would get a new plug within a week. Now, 12 days later, I had to email them to let them I didnt get it. I was told they "dont have a date" for when it will be shipped as there has been "great demand" for this adapter. I havent been able to use this laptop I paid over $500 for 12 days and I am furious that no one seems to know when I can use it again (power was done to under 20% so I havent even turned it on for days). I even got a phone call from some "manager" who apologized but didnt know squat. I dont know what to do. This doesnt seem fair. I have always loved HP but this is bull****. Any ideas on how to get somewhere with them????
What light are you referring to? The light on the computer? Or the light on the actual charger itself?

Does your charger have a light on it? Dose it shine? If there is a light and its not shining its definitly the charger. However, if the charger has a light on it and you don't notice your system charing, chances are its not the charger. It could be the mobo. I am speaking hypothetically. I used to work for dell. So I know the drill all to well when it comes to issues. Phone support always screws this up. Please keep us posted

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased my HP laptop less than a year ago. After reading all the reviews for months on many manufactures I took a chance on HP. 7 months went by and it did fine then the it started to shutdown,not boot up or just crash(bluescreen). The solution replace the hard drive easy right, no. It took months to even get anyone at HP's customer service to listen they had me run all kinds of tests again and again. Finally just abiout 45 days before the original warranty is to run out I get to send it back. Got it back fast I was thrilled but I decided to put it through its paces and yep it failed. Seems the techs installed Vista again problem its licensed to HP not valid and not activated. It is telling me that unless it is activated windows will stop working.
This is less than 24hrs after I got it back. I've chatted and called HP. They will not answer a direct question is there another alternative besides sending it back again. Seems no one has tried to help their customers and send them the product keys or a new copy of Vista. In this whole company no on has the commom sense other than to tell customers that they are out of luck because there is no other alternative. So you are left with sending your machine back to the same techs who are not smart enough to fix the same problem that numerous customers are experiencing. The last agent even went so far as to tell me they may have to replace the motherboard. This is a software issue but now they tell me they may have to rebuild my computer. I told them well just send me a new one and they could have it. So in a nutshell they need to get it back before my Windows stops working nevermind the time lost and financial losses to me and others. This is my first HP and first computer in 6 years. I won't purchase another HP product and advise others to think long and hard when they do. Customer service? I guess they need to find out the defnition of it and start to apply some as well as be honest with customers. It shouldn't take hours and several reps to tell you this is not a individual occurence but is happening often. And my warranty will run out about 2 wks after I get it back...kudos to HP for leaving their customers holding the bag while they fill their pockets in a bad economy when businesses should nbe doing everything to keep customers happy s they remain loyal customers in the future. I won't be one of them

·
Banned
9,587 Posts
I will make sure this sh*t doesn't happen to me, I paid over $700 for this HP laptop this year, and I got the 2 year accidental damage warranty, I can drop this sh*t on cement right now and they will have to exchange it, tell them to send you another one, OR SEND IT FOR REPAIR, make up something else that is wrong with it like laptop screen turns black sometimes and put the battery recharger inside the BOX with note on it "REPLACE, does not work", you don't have to pay for shipping, you have to talk to these people like retards. They better send that sh*t to you. I talk to those retards sometimes in the chat room and phone at the same time to test out their knowledge and sometimes they give a few different answers, but 90% of the time it's the same. I'm glad I got the 2 year warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts