Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I went to Chick Fil-A than I spent 6 hours at Pinballz Arcade in Austin, till they closed at 8 and I was the last person out. I would have liked to have stayed the entire night attempting to master the Street Fighter II Champion Edition pinball machine, but I realize the employees have family. So now, I'm home alone, and debating on going to see some movie like Sherlock Holmes 2 or MI4 just to get out of apartment, as I'm less depressed when I'm out or else staying in and ordering Pizza Hut and watching the holiday classics, Batman Returns and Gremlins on blu ray. Well, I should order the Pizza Hut anyway since I need the leftovers for my Xmas Day dinner. BTW, who else loves Batman Returns? It's my favorite Batman film, and it's great to have a movie about sad and lonely people (Batman, Catwoman, and Penguin) that takes place during Xmas without some phony sentimental crap thrown in. It's dark and bleak, and I can relate to the characters.

Anyway, this is becoming a blog of my life, what is everyone else up to?

·
Banned
1,697 Posts
Only got 4 hours sleep the night before so I was tired today. Went to a Christmas Party at work. I was depressed, anti-social & trapped in my thoughts the whole time since I wasn't in the spirit so everyone is now worried about me. They tried to talk to me, make me laugh & even put a Santa Hat on me but all I would do was :|, :sus, or :( so yeah... After that I went back home & caught up on some lost sleep. Then I was woken by my mum to 'bond' with the family.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only got 4 hours sleep the night before so I was tired today. Went to a Christmas Party at work. I was depressed, anti-social & trapped in my thoughts the whole time since I wasn't in the spirit so everyone is now worried about me. They tried to talk to me, make me laugh & even put a Santa Hat on me but all I would do was :|, :sus, or :( so yeah... After that I went back home & caught up on some lost sleep. Then I was woken by my mum to 'bond' with the family.
That sounds like how I would act during a holiday party.

·
Temporarily stationary
1,486 Posts
Hung out at home and had a disappointing psychiatrist appointment. Got prescribed Paxil but think I'm calling him after Christmas and saying I don't want to take it. ******* didn't tell me about the weight gain. I lost 35 pounds this year I'm not gaining any of it back!

I didn't think I was responding well to the Zoloft since I feel more depressed and am completely fatigued but maybe I should give it a bit longer. Really dreading next month.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Worked today. Couldn't drink with my family tonight because of my antibiotic but I had a good time with family. Got some gifts from family and from work people.

Working xmas day. But I'd rather spend it with coworkers.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, looked at Pizza Hut's hours earlier and they said they would be open tonight, but just tried to order and they aren't. Guess Xmas Dinner will be at Jack in the Box tomorrow.

·
Registered
867 Posts
dropped off two packages to the usps postal outlet right by my house. and then just computer/internet/online game the rest of the time.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
My Xmas is going ok. I wish I could spend it with more friends and family but it is just me and my father, my friends live in other states and I can't afford to visit them right now. I have reached out and called three people today and that was good but I am depressed because I am losing my hair and even though I am trying different things, the hair isn't coming back. I have a male friend who I haven't seen in a while who doesn't know about my hair loss and he wants to see me in a month. I commented that I am going to get braids which would hide the spot on my head that has no hair and he commented that "getting braids is the easy way out" but I am getting braids anyway. Then my aunt who passed years ago, I used to keep in contact with her sister and I sent her a card only to find out that she passed three weeks ago. I bought a card to send to her son and his family but in addition to feeling awkward because I don't really know what to say, the realization that my aunt's sister is gone makes me realize how fragile life is and how we should keep in contact with people no matter how uncomfortable we feel. Then I called another friend whose father is having surgery in two weeks and he is over 80. I told her that he would be alright and that he will heal quickly and I believe that. She has also had surgery and she is unable to eat so she has to undergo another procedure so that they can see why she can't keep anything down. So even though we all have problems, I guess that the important thing is that we keep in touch and talk to one another and try to give comfort when it is needed.

·
Temporarily stationary
1,486 Posts
My Xmas is going ok. I wish I could spend it with more friends and family but it is just me and my father, my friends live in other states and I can't afford to visit them right now. I have reached out and called three people today and that was good but I am depressed because I am losing my hair and even though I am trying different things, the hair isn't coming back. I have a male friend who I haven't seen in a while who doesn't know about my hair loss and he wants to see me in a month. I commented that I am going to get braids which would hide the spot on my head that has no hair and he commented that "getting braids is the easy way out" but I am getting braids anyway. Then my aunt who passed years ago, I used to keep in contact with her sister and I sent her a card only to find out that she passed three weeks ago. I bought a card to send to her son and his family but in addition to feeling awkward because I don't really know what to say, the realization that my aunt's sister is gone makes me realize how fragile life is and how we should keep in contact with people no matter how uncomfortable we feel. Then I called another friend whose father is having surgery in two weeks and he is over 80. I told her that he would be alright and that he will heal quickly and I believe that. She has also had surgery and she is unable to eat so she has to undergo another procedure so that they can see why she can't keep anything down. So even though we all have problems, I guess that the important thing is that we keep in touch and talk to one another and try to give comfort when it is needed.
That is a very good message. I know if I didn't have my family support I probably wouldn't be here.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
That is a very good message. I know if I didn't have my family support I probably wouldn't be here.
I agree, I depend on my family for support as well and I know that I wouldn't be here if it was not for that support. That is why I try to focus on keeping in contact with others to see how they are doing because we all have problems and it makes me feel better to know that at times I am not alone in feeling sad or down at this time of year. And when I speak to friends that are doing well, that cheers me up because I feel happy for them as well.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i worked this morning and had quite bad anxiety while there and felt very sick, good thing i was able to go home early because we didnt receve our normal amount of shippment :)

i came home and had a quick nap :)

my sister brought her BF over for family dinner,im really bad eating around people but i thought i did pretty well, about half way through i was much more relaxed:)

so if i focus on the positives i had a great day, other than the fact that im just not feeling the Holiday spirit...im just lonely

·
Severed member
2,972 Posts
Mine is going fine I guess. I cant remember the last Xmas I spent with family. Its ok though because I dont feel a need to be with them. Today was spent bouncing back and forth between browsing the net and playing Super Mario 3 on Nintendo. Im at the last mini castle in Ice Land but am bored of it for today.
Tomorrow will be mostly the same probally with doing some work to my car which I've been putting off for months. In the evening I want to watch The Shining because it always gives me a cold and dark feeling.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Pretty good so far...

I got some new pajamas, gonna stay up all night probably as I do nearly every Christmas, and I can't wait for tomorrow!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
i'm not doing anything at all. staying at home and catching up on tv shows. i usually don't do anything anyway but i could've but it's just that my friend just loss her boyfriend and i feel wrong for doing anything or even being happy. i'm usually fine with not doing anything but it does make me sad that i don't have more friends to hang out with and i feel pressured to do something even though i don't care either way.

is anyone the same? it'll make me feel better to know that i'm not alone.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine has not been good. I was prescribed well butren about 2 weeks ago,and tonight at our family christmas party my anxiety was out of control. I felt more anxious and unsociable than normal. I just wanted to leave so bad,but I kept going in the bathroom to try and get myself under control.I did manage to get through the night. Social anxiety is ruining my life. I try to stay positive but it just isn't getting any easier to be normal. Enough ranting. Merry christmas! !!!

·
alien monk
8,555 Posts
xmas eve i had a date (#3) with this girl i like. today i have been totally alone and it has been wonderful. i slept in till around 12, went for a long walk to the beach (~2.5 hours). the weather was beautiful. i swam/floundered in the water for quite some time (first "swim" of the summer) and then i jogged most of the way home. i'm really glad i kept the day for myself, best xmas in a long time. now i'm just at home, cooking my dinner. have a chance to socialize with the people i care about tomorrow at our anxiety groups boxing day dinner thing. excellent end to a very challenging year.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Spent Christmas eve with my kids and family but now that it's over and my kids went to their mothers I'm freaking depressed. This is going to be the first Christmas I spend without my kids, hell it will probably be the first christmas day I spend entirely alone. Rest of my family is going out to spend their Christmas day with their significant other's family so I'll probably spend the entire day smoking pot and wishing christmas would just end.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
Like any other night when I don't have classes. I've been at home by myself. Most of the time I've wasted at the computer but I did get a little reading done and I hope I'll manage to do some more. I made it to the grocery store 5 minutes before they closed at 10pm (they're normally open 24 hours/day) so I have some food now, and that's better than not having food. I have a gift my mom left for me, but I might wait until my roommate/ex is here to open his present with me and I won't necessarily see him on Christmas day since he's nearly always working.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts