Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm new to the forum, been reading it for a day or two and let me just say its a relief to know that there is a place like this on the net. My name is Eric, I'm 22, and I'm from sweet sweet Sanford Florida, but I live and in Atlanta. Honestly I've never really put alot of thought into my having social anxiety, but lets put it this way: throughout college I must say I was honestly on time and present in class only like 10 times. All the other times I was either late or completely skipped class because of SA. Well, maybe I was also pretty lazy.

Anyway, it hasn't been much of a problem until after college since I've always had friends nearby to push me into social situations and to help me have fun. Nowadays I'm in a bit of a rut, and I'm having trouble meeting new friends, getting a job, and keeping myself occupied. Its tough without all the mandatory social interaction that college put me through.

Honestly just reading this forum the other day helped me to know that I'm not so alone in this, made me feel 10x better today.

So... hey there, all.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Eric welcome. :)

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts