Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was diagnosed with Social anxiety as a teen. Been a long road, but I've accomplished a lot career wise, reached all of my goals despite S.A.D., and still moving on up. I still deal with it on a daily basis though which is annoying. Nice to connect with an online community like this though with others who understand.

·
Registered
Determined
112 Posts
Welcome. Im glad to hear you have a good grip on your anxiety

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Was diagnosed with Social anxiety as a teen. Been a long road, but I've accomplished a lot career wise, reached all of my goals despite S.A.D., and still moving on up. I still deal with it on a daily basis though which is annoying. Nice to connect with an online community like this though with others who understand.
Great job becoming successful in your career despite social anxiety. So is SA affecting your personal relationships in a negative way even though you have done well career wise?

Any tips you can give us on how you beat SA?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great job becoming successful in your career despite social anxiety. So is SA affecting your personal relationships in a negative way even though you have done well career wise?

Any tips you can give us on how you beat SA?
Well, the way I see it, we have 2 options:
1 - Let social anxiety get the best of you and stay in, dont pursue dreams, have regrets later
or
2 - Push through it, chase your dreams, make the best life for yourself, and maybe have some awkward experiences and epic fails along the way.

It would have been easy to do number 1, and I did for awhile, but #1 does nothing but hurt you and limit your potential. Youre gonna have SAD either way, might as well try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts