Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know, have yourself immortalized, good or bad, in lyrics like so many classic songs or as Taylor Swift's latest fling? Would it exciting to hear that, even if it was describing how sexy you are or what a cheat you were? Would you like a song written about you?

·
Banned
2,768 Posts
a negative one would suck. I'd never want to be "that guy" in someones life that theyre insanely bitter about having spent/wasted time with

A good one might be a little corny lol. I'd feel kinda meh making one, myself

·
Banned
5,857 Posts
id be flattered, but a little weirded out by it at the same time... it depends on how close they were to me and what type of relationship i had with the song writer

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm a musician so I write songs about when I'm wronged. It's my outlet and my choice of therapy. It helps me get through the worst. I've written really nice songs about those I've been involved with too. Every song I write is about someone or an experience in my life.

·
Karma Chameleon
3,484 Posts
I'm a musician so I write songs about when I'm wronged. It's my outlet and my choice of therapy. It helps me get through the worst. I've written really nice songs about those I've been involved with too. Every song I write is about someone or an experience in my life.
I think that's cool, serious. I can't do it.

I think I could write music, though, but not lyrics.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I'd be a bit creeped out, and I suppose flattered at the same time. It would be conflicting...

·
Nope, still not!
3,273 Posts
Depends on who wrote it.

·
Nowhere Man
2,415 Posts
What genre of song would it be? Rockabilly? That would be so awesome.

I'm just sayin'...if any ambitious Rockabilly musicians are reading this...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Writing songs.

Hi.

As I play piano I tend to write a lot of songs.I ike writing songs for women I've known.Preferably those who have had a wonderful impact on my life over the years.

I've never had a song written about me.I prefer just being the song writer,musician.Its a good feeling.Its a great achievement.

I started writing a song earlier this week for a woman I've known for many years.

Chris.

·
Swedish Feminist
3,286 Posts
If the song was written after a break-up, regardless of the content I would feel pretty bad.

I wouldn't want to be immortalized in a popular song. That would be weird.

·
SAS Member
13,225 Posts
If the song was sentimental and had lyrics I'd probably cringe (especially if they sang it and had a bad voice), unless the song was done as a joke/in a humorous way. I might also laugh if the song was angry and had a rough/heavy sound to it, too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts